“Breakfast ”

Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #2,314 of 3,875 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Mcdonalds on 90th Ave SW is a nice family orientated fast food restaurant. It is bright and clean. Service is good. A favourite morning coffee gathering place for seniors.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

This McDonald's reminds me of the good ol' days. Some of the staff are teenagers from local high school - so nice to see young people learning hard work. I hear so much complaining that teens are lazy and privileged - not these ones! Yes it can be a bit slower, but staff actually looks at me and seems to genuinely mean that "have a nice day!" I've been to other locations and feel like I'm dealing with robots whose only goal is to get me out so they can serve the next person. This ones a gem! Don't change a thing...

Reviewed 20 December 2015

as you can tell by my review title, am not at all impressed with the cleanliness of the place. this site used to be kept fairly clean but ever since the automated order machines were put in they have gotten rid of the staff that used to have pride of work and it has turned just filthy. although i guess this isn't a brand new problem but since McDs has been turfing staff and "automating" more, then playing existing staff against each other to convince them the horribly poor wage they make is good enough the customer has been left poorly suffering. this used to be one of my favorite locations with memories of my childhood going for walks along the reservoir and now am not sure if i will even try another McDs again. good service means enough staff, not skeleton crews, and happy staff that can believe they are not out of jobs next week because they will be replaced by robots or will be paid so little they wind up owing corporate money just to have a job.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Can't say anything bad about this particular restaurant. It's clean and serving fast, better then average for sure.
But this place happened to be the one where I found I can easily bite Double Big Mac.
Do you know what is DBM? It suppose to be a thick bun sliced in three pieces with FOUR patties in between. Apparently that "super-burger" is not bigger then single patty Uncle burger in A&W.
I've been to McDonald's may be 5 times in last 10 years, and every time it was a disappointment.
McDonald's SUCK.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

I think this must be the most poorly organized McDonalds I have ever visited. There was only one person awaiting their order when I arrived at 12:02 pm, with a second person in the process of placing an order. The sitting area was practically empty, but the take-out business was fairly brisk.

There appeared to be a number of employees in the kitchen, with two, perhaps three counter staff serving in-house customers.

It took an unreasonable period of time to get served, and even longer to finally receive my order. Prior to my retirement, I often stopped here for a breakfast sandwich or muffin, and the same person who took my order at the drive thru, took my money, and then gave me my food and coffee in another window. He often would be backed up, and I found myself trapped for ten minutes before the customer in front received his entire order. Eventually I stopped coming.

This McDonalds is in our neighbourhood, and I do like to patronize local business. I had hoped that adjustments had been made to service, and earlier visits did seem to indicate improved productivity overall. Today was not a stellar day for this outlet though.

I ordered an Angus Deluxe burger combo today, with small coffee. The burger was grey in colour, barely luke warm to the touch, with 2 very (very, very) thin 'rings' of onion. The cheese slice was cold. One end of the bun was hard, as well as being cold. The lettuce was the outer edge of the head, with the hard bitter stem (one small portion of a leaf). The fries were also cold, tough, and tasted stale. I took absolutely no pleasure in consumption, and criticised myself afterwards for not speaking up.

Coffee was good, in fact better than expected, however after my meal, I found I had been charged for it, even though the television advertisements indicated small coffee was free for this period. A combo should include the drink as well. I must check to see if there is a specific time of day for redemption. I could be wrong.

I realize this is fast food. I realize gourmet dining it isn't, but there is no reason for cold food. I stopped at noon, and by the time I received my meal, there were well over a dozen patrons behind me. Stale buns are not acceptable, and to find two extremely thin rings (not slices) of onions as condiments, well, skimpy portions will not encourage repeat business. At least allow a person to enjoy guilty pleasures as they consume empty calories.

Once again, I admit I should have said something at the time. But in my defense, I couldn't see anyone to complain to. No one seemed to be in charge... perhaps that is the reason I felt the need to write this review.