“this is now called BUSHMILLS”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Muldoon's Irish Ale House
Ranked #2,215 of 3,875 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Reviewed 19 March 2018

They changed the name of the place. IT's called the Bushmills Irish Pub now. First time there was Sat - St Patty's Day. I emailed them twice during the week to ask about reservations and St Patty's day and nobody bothered to respond. That was the first thing that put me off.

At 4 PM Saturday the place was already packed with green beer drinking drunks (as expected) We sat near the bar at a table with some other people which was fine except the front door was propped open making it cold there. When we asked to close the door they said no - it was open because the bartenders were hot. Well, we were cold. That was the second thing that put me off.

Our waitress was nice - run off her feet. Green beer flowed. Music man was too loud, we screamed at each other for two hours and then had to leave.

Food looks OK - we didn't try any. Drinks took a long time to get - food would likely be worse. Besides - I watched the female bartender shove her whole bare hand into a large jar of olives to fill a small jar which was kind of disgusting. Third strike. They;re out.

1  Thank Donna M

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Came here for a business lunch and had the steak sandwich. It was good, the prices reasonable and it was quiet on a Friday afternoon. Played good tunes and the server was excellent, I would go back again.

1  Thank VHVanBC
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I went there with a couple of friends, a few beers after the air is different! Cozy place,enjoyable. The prices are ok.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The $5 breakfast is so good. Big plate, potatoes, eggs, voice of sausage or bacon and choice of breads. Delicious. It wasn't busy on the Tuesday we went, but the wings were really good. We all ordered more. Good specials on tap.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Then average, now I'd have to say below average. Food was much fresher and more inventive in the first few years. Now eating there the food seems more processed, expensive and just lacking. I used to have lunch here almost weekly, now I d rather go almost anywhere else