1,214 results
All reviews junk yard heated tiles calgary airport great hotel breakfast buffet rooms are modern jacuzzi suite shuttle service an early morning flight great amenities walk in shower late check hot tub long flight stayed for one night bed was comfortable free shuttle
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Stayed for one night on arrival and used airport shuttle. All worked well and for the price we paid we were very happy overall. We used the XS bar and rage food was good. Buffet breakfast was ok but not that hot, our only issue. That said We would stay again at this hotel as an airport layover.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Reviewed 26 March 2016

If you plan to stay in this hotel, go alone. A nice property, but some one gave a strange funny idea in the design of this hotel. There are no locks for wash room doors -no privacy.If you travel with kids you can expect your little one crawl to you while you poo or pee or inside the walk-in shower. A nice wash room but no privacy. I stayed in many hotels with stars above this hotel. But,never stayed in a room with no privacy in wash room. A big gap between the wall and door like a public wash room. I raised my concern to the hotel front desk. the guy named Omkar looks like he is not taking customer concerns that serious. I asked him for his Manager. He refused to let me see the Manager. I don't think a Hotel Manager is that busy dont want to listen to a cutomer's complaint. Also, when I came to check in, the same guy told me that there is no booking made for me. He talked in such a way that he is 100% sure that there is no booking in my name. I shown the email confirmation to him and then he made me waiting for almost 15 minutes and issued this room with 'Public Washroom' facing a vehicle junk yard. We came to Calgary for a pleasure trip which turned to be a stressed 'Pressure trip'. So disappointed and this will be my first and last stay in this property. I do not want to stay in a hotel where I am unable to meet that BIG MANAGER who cant listen my concern. Also will ensure my friends as well as my colleagues in my organization about this. This is a trap by booking companies like priceline. You will not be able to know if you bid your hotel and end up with this attractive trap. There is no information booklet about services offered in this hotel. Need to call this helpless front desk operator. When my little daughter called to enquire about pool timings, the guy did not attend the call and we had to call 3-4 times. I'm sure he does this purposefully to teach us a lesson for our complaint.

Room Tip: Tell them not to give a room facing that scrap vehicle yard,
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
RadissonCGY, Director of operations at Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Radisson Calgary Airport.
At the outset kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay with us.
While it is our endeavour to provide you with the finest in hospitality in keeping with the standards associated with Radisson, we seem to have fallen short in this instance.
I have further investigated the concerns raised on reservation issue and wish to update that due to some error in your reservation (date discrepancy) our front desk associate was not able to locate your reservation but after reviewing your confirmation he was able to rectify the problem it took longer as the front desk associate have to take certain approval to amend the reservation date and we apologise for the delay. I also wish to update that we do have information directory available and it’s an online application where guest have ease to explore hotel Amenities and service offered, secondly our front desk are unavailable to look into the caller id till the pickup receiver. I am sorry you felt it that way.
I have discussed with front office manager and we certainly have taken your feedback seriously and implement refresher training as such incidents should have been reported to manager on duty.
I have also taken a note on your concern raised about the bathroom door issue and will definitely address those when we have a future major refurbishment scheduled.
Your patronage is of utmost importance to us and I do hope we can welcome you back with us in the near future
Regards
Rakesh Langay
Director of Operations

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Flew into Calgary very late and needed a good sleep. As soon as we arrived at the hotel I was greeted by very professional and friendly front desk clerk. He had a letter ready for me thanking us for booking with Radisson hotel and the weather for that day and the next. Got to the room and it was wonderful the room was beautiful and clean. Then I needed a shower, to my surprise the tiles were heated wow how wonderful to step out of the shower to a warm floor. The entire experience exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We are staying at this hotel now and have 4 rooms - despite asking for rooms close together and on the side of the hotel that does not face the junkyard they were not willing to accommodate us. 3 of the rooms assigned to us overlook the worst hotel view I have ever seen. It is shocking that they built a hotel next to a junkyard let alone assign rooms when they don't have to that face this visual monstrosity. The hotel is not remotely busy (sparsely populated parking lot - few people we run into in lobby, elevators, hallways, restaurants, etc) and with a little effort I am confident they could have accommodated us. The desk staff seemed uninterested in hearing about my complaint and rather than attempt to resolve the issue or escalate my concerns they chose to ignore me. There are a lot of positives about this hotel: a great wifi that is free, nicely appointed rooms (although the bathrooms are small and poorly lit), fitness center, pool with water slide, nice lobby, good Indian restaurant, and comfortable beds. If a view matters to you at all I suggest that you insist on the mountain/city view side of the hotel or choose another hotel. Waking up to look out a junkyard is a terrible way to start your day.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel, when I booked, the price wasn't too hight, the room service is very good, but the breakfast buffet in the restaurant wasn't too many choices for food items, a lots parking spaces and it's free parking and free wifi access, great

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family