1,687 results
All reviews omelette station close to the airport omelette bar order omelettes calgary airport great hotel best westerns cross iron mills free breakfast king suite hash browns waffle maker hot breakfast front desk staff shuttle service deerfoot trail industrial area
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I booked this hotel for my husband and I and another couple travelling with us for one night before flying home to the USA. When we arrived the front desk could not find our friends' reservation. Apparently I had mistakenly booked them for the night before where they had been listed as a no show. I had the written confirmation so it was clearly my fault. No worries! The front desk staff quickly transferred their reservation to the correct night and all was well, saving me much embarrassment and stress, not to mention expense.
The rooms were very well thought out with good lighting over the beds for reading. There was a light bulb burned out in the bedside lamp. I found a convenient maintenance request form on the bedside table and filled it out and left if at the front desk and the bulb was replaced before we even unloaded the car. Now that is service.
There was a magnifying mirror in the bathroom which is unusual to find in less than a luxury hotel.
We used the business center, the shuttle to the airport at 4 a.m. all efficient and timely.
We borrowed a luggage scale from the front desk.
The location to the airport from this hotel is optimal. We were met at 4 a.m. with bagged to go breakfasts.
The area around the hotel looks like it will be full of airport hotels within the next 5 years as there were several in the area and room for more. I highly recommend this hotel over others we have stayed in at the Calgary airport for the quality of the stay, location, cleanliness, room condition (hotel is 7 years old) and price. But mostly, I recommend it for the staff which makes the whole thing work. Good job.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We are staying here on our way back from a great vacation in the
Jasper/Banff area. We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport. Staff is helpful and the facilities are clean and modern.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We locked our keys in our rental car. The front desk gave us the number to CAA. CAA recognized our AAA membership and quickly unlocked the car. The front desk gave us excellent advice on getting to The Saddledome for the Bryan Adams concert. The free shuttle from the airport was a plus. Our room was clean and comfortable. It had free wi-fi. The hotel has a coin operated laundry room by the fitness center and pool. They have a small indoor pool with a fun slide. The slide is fast. There is a hot tub too. The free breakfast was good. They have an omelette bar. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel whilst flying in and out of Calgary Airport. We later learned that this hotel is a relatively new structure. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The restaurant / bar was good quality and the staff helpful and friendly. The breakfast (which was included in the room price) was very good. There was a waffle machine which, unfortunately, I was too much of a coward to use but the waffles looked really good. I did use the omelette station where a very nice lady made omelettes to order using a variety of ingredients of your choice. The shuttle to and from the airport was very useful. I found that the free phone telephone number provided by the hotel to call the shuttle at the airport did not in fact work but the hotel landline number was fine and as it was a local call did not incur a cost.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This Best western chain as far as I am concerned makes it one of my top 10 and I would go as far as putting Premier Plus Freeport Inn number one.
The pick up from the airport is prompt and friendly with easy access from the curtesy phone near the information desk to call the hotel.
The room, gym, pool, toilets, restaurants, lobby and hotel in general extremely clean.
Plenty of towels by the pool and gym areas. Pool ideal for families with children as they have an awesome water slide too!
The staff at the front desk are frendly, helpful and very knowledgable in giving information about the area and things to do in Calgary (Especially Shanna, the flower lady).
Although the location is closer to the airport than down town, it was an easy ride by bus to down town from the hotel. Just a short walk to the bus stop for the 100 bus than a quick change at the station for a short ride by train right down to the city centre .. all for just 3.30$.
The inclusive breakfast was plentiful, with lots of choice and the omlette perfect prepared by Jinig at the omelette station. The best shrimp omlette I ever had!!
I would recommend breakfast 100%.
Throughly enjoyed the stay -highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business