“New hotel, but location may be an issue”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Menlo Park, California
“New hotel, but location may be an issue”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We are a family of 3 adults visiting Calgary and stayed in a suite at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites in early-June due to the positive comments on Tripadvisor. The hotel is very new and is located near the airport, to the north of Calgary. If you’re visiting Calgary, there are hotels closer to downtown. Check-in was efficient and this being a “premier” Bestwestern, the hotel had an upscale feel in décor and facilities. The suite was well-furnished: 2 flatscreen TVs, with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pullout sofabed in the living room. The bathroom was on the small-side, but clean and well-kept. A small fridge was available in the room for our perishable fruits. There is a heated indoor pool and water slide and business center (with 2 computers and fast printer). Hot breakfast was included in the room rate and was above average. There was fruits, yogurt, choice of cereals, hard-boiled eggs, (make your own) waffle, muffins, fruit juices, oatmeal and hot items like bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and a cook to make your omlette (with choice of toppings like bell peppers, cheese, onion and ham). Staff who served breakfast was very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay and we would return to Premier Freeport Inn & Suites in future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank EvanL
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I'm pleased to hear that you selected our location based on the positive reviews we have on Tripadvisor from customers like yourself. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments for future guests to read and hopefully use as a tool to also decide to stay at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Stuites. We look forward to your return visit.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We only stayed one night, but this airport hotel is excellent. It's very new. We had a beautiful room with a spa and fireplace. The staff were wonderful. They have a restaurant and we arrived late one night but still managed to get a nice meal served to us, and in the morning, a lovely hot and cold buffet breakfast was included. We made use of their laundrette, which was so handy. We didn't notice any noise from airplanes taking off and landing nearby. Highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuenDarren
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your wonderful comments about our staff, food and the King Suite at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I truly appreciate the 5 star rating as well as hearing about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again in the future.
Blaine Lake, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I stayed her for one night and we loved it! For just over $100 the rooms were clean, modern and the beds were very comfortable. The next morning we got up for the complimentary breakfast and were amazed on the selection. There was omelets, hashbrowns, crepes, sausages etc....if we were to go to a restaurant instead we would have easily spent 25 dollars or more to eat the stuff we did. Staying here was well worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nicoleboisson
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Your comments about our extensive complimentary breakfast are greatly appreciated! It's wonderful to hear how much our guests enjoy the selection and the build your own omlette station. Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and I hope to see you again soon in the near future.
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the BWPFI&S on May 26, 27. It was a wonderful place to stay. The front desk staff were friendly. I had two reservations due to one night being free through Tripadvisor and they quickly made sure our room was the same for both nights. The free business computers were handy when I had to print out some materials during the evening for work (does it ever go away any more?).

The room was great because I like it cold and was by the window while my daughter likes it warm and was on the other side of the fireplace with it on and stayed toasty. The free internet wireless worked very well. I found the staff friendly and they smiled and joked with me as I met them on the elevator and in the halls.

The breakfast was excellent. On Sunday there was even an omelette station where they cooked omelettes and eggs to order. My only suggestion would be to add "spray top and bottom of waffle maker with non-stick spray" to the instructions of the self-serve serve waffle maker.

Checkout was efficient and painless. We did not get to use the pool because my daughter had just had her hair done (grade 9 grad the following week - they grow so fast!) but it looked great.

The room was clean and refreshed Saturday after we left about one in the afternoon (teenage daughter need I say more?)

I will definitely stay here again. it is a very good value for the money.

Room Tip: top floor has no noise
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony W
I really enjoyed your comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I will definitely change the waffle instructions to include the non-stick spray and hope this will make it even easier for guest to enjoy these treats. I hope your daughter and you enjoyed her grad. (Have fun with grad 10!) We will look forward to you staying with us during your next visit to Calgary.
High River, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Staff did not acknowledge your stay when you are departing. The construction workers are using this hotel to stay in as they do the extension of the YYC Airport runway, But they are walking all through the hotel with muddy construction boots on into the breakfast room area, all the halls, and the elevators Hotel manager rude to a young couple in the swim area with a baby. To the point I was embarrassed for them.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay closer in to the airport. The Delta is far better place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank yetiman508
Thank you for speaking with me regarding your stay and providing me with details about your experience at our hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback so that I could follow up with our shuttle driver about how he interacted with the young couple and baby in the pool area. He understands that there is some flexibility in allowing certain beverages in the pool area and will be more empathetic in the future. I also have personally spoke to the construction workers, unfortunately too late to impact your stay, and they are removing their muddy boots prior to entering or leaving the hotel. I'm very sorry your experience was not positive and I hope you will return another time so that we can endevour to exceed your expectations.