“Good but disappointing”

Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
Reserve with OpenTable
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,988 of 3,684 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 85th Street and 17th Ave SW
Description: Redwater Rustic Grille’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Redwater’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. Canadian Coral, soft lighting, the contemporary lounge and the large glass wine cellar enclosing the private dining room; creates an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. Redwater is a proud recipient of the 2007, 2008 & 2009 Wine Spectator Awards. Dress: Smart Casual. Please note hats are not permitted in the restaurant and we do not have highchairs/booster seats or childrens menus.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We visited for dinner on our anniversary. My spouse had the salmon while I chose the chicken pappardelle. My spouse enjoyed her salmon while the chicken pappardelle was good but not amazing. The restaurant was quiet as we arrived for dinner at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night. We were disappointed with the service as we only saw our server a couple of times and he seemed to be happy to serve us and get us on our way. We were disappointed as Redwater is known for outstanding service and food. We did not feel that we got good value for our money. We had pizza at our local pub the night previous for half the money and felt that was a better experience. We will come back but are not in a rush to do so.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

You can't go wrong if you are looking for a late snack at their bar.
Margarita pizza with a pairing of wine was just perfect. A shame the restaurant couldn't stay open longer----however it was a relatively empty house'
Service was friendly and efficient'
Prices are still a little too rich.
Parking still tough.
But still a repeat.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Crispy calamari was crunchy and not greasy and not over-salted, highly recommended. Surf and Turf was ok, though the menu says tiger prawns, what I got was bigger shrimps. I requested my tenderloin to be medium and 1 of them was medium but the other one was already cut in half and it was medium well. Quite disappointed because I wasn’t asked if it was ok to have the tenderloin cut in order to make sure it would be cooked to the way I requested. I recalled years ago, I asked for medium well Filet at Cesar’s Steak House years ago and they asked me if it was ok to have the steak cut in half as it would be easier to cook. The Surf and Turf came with mashed potato and some veggie so it is quite filling. Surprisingly there was broccolini which is my favourite. It would be nice if there is an option for baked potato as I am not a fan of mashed one. The daily feature was steak special sauce with mashed potato, quite filing as well. Pizza was huge. Service was good. Price was very reasonably.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

A friend and I went for dinner last night. Happy Hour wine was $5, which was the only saving grace. The server told us it was one of the better wines (Sauvignon Blanc) that they had served on their Happy Hour menu. Ordered the kale caesar salad with chicken. The portion was ridiculously small ($16 before adding protein) and swimming in dressing. I sent it back and the server told me they were making a new one. Another tiny salad arrived with the same chicken as the first time. I used to love this place - I'll give it a miss in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

What a fine evening location for al fresco dinner with my wife. Pardon the facade stairwell! We were very pleasantly suprised to discover that this is not a basement venue but a fine lower floor opening to a deck, public walk, and greenspace! The hummus was excellent as were the stuffed mushrooms. My papardelle was also delicious. And the portion sizes were just right. The server was obliging and well worth a generous gratuity.