“Not bad for $83”

Ranked #94 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Saskatchewan
“Not bad for $83”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is a pretty good value for the money we spent. We wanted a bed to lay our heads and no extra things like a pool were needed. The bed was comfortable. We had to leave at 6:30 so we were a bit disappointed that the breakfast wasn't on until 7:00. We would likely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank auntylene
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Western Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I am an ex-Calgaraian living about an hour and a half away now. When we have to stay overnight it is usually exactly that. A place to sleep, change and shower and be on our way. We don't want to spend big bucks and usually set a goal of under a $100. Good luck in Calgary. Oh sure, there are a lot of places but not places that are super clean, in a safe area and within buget.
This is one hotel that met all of my needs and I give it 5 stars for probably being the best in my price range. It is an older hotel but it certainly is clean and in a safe area.They had a real nice fresh continental breakfast and even gave me a free Calgary Herald. It has restaurants near by and walking distance to the C-Train. As well, there is a major shopping mall within walking distace to the east.
If you are visiting someone at the hospital or University or going to a football game at McMahon stadium it would be your best coice without breaking the bank.
I plan on staying here in the future.
Dean in Red Deer, AB

Room Tip: You are on the Trans Canada highway but noise is not an issue at all.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank awayIgo2travel
Pocatello, ID
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Ya know - not such a bad place! Yes, it's a bit older. Yes, the furnishings and the building are a little run-down. BUT... The rooms were clean, the sheets wee fresh, there were a lot of furnishings in places that made sense (both a table for my laptop and a table to read at), HOT water that you didn't to wait 1/2 hour for, parking right outside your room (first floor only) and free internet access. What more could a person ask for? How about $40 cheaper than any other motel in the area?

I would like to believe that I'm a sensible motel person. I mean, it's a place to sleep at night and maybe pee during the day. I take a trip and I'm out to see the sights - not sit in a motel room. Why pay $300 a night to stay in a place where everything is fancy, nothing is free, and really only enjoy the room for 3-4 hours a day? This place has all the amenities that I needed, including a good location, and I saved enough money to spend some extra on dining in the morning and evening.

For a decent place to stay while in Calgary, give this place a try. My only complaint? The internet connection is throttled down if you try to download anything.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Mortimerr
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This hotel is comfortable, clean and quiet and close to the Calgary Stampede and not that far from Banff National Park. There is a good restaurant right next door.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary54258
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2010

After reading previous reveiews on this place my friends and I were expecting the worst which is maybe why we were blown away so much upon getting to our room! For $100 on a last minute booking, I don't think I've stayed in a better place. Microwave, fridge, airconditioning, free parking, great shower (one of those heavy duty big crome ones! not that little pressure washer ones of the ones that spray everywhere except on your body!). Noticed complaints about the noise of the highway being right there...we were the third room in from the highway and we didn't hear a thing (might be becuase of the air conditioning being on). Lots of great restaurants close by (Red Lobster, a steak house, Boston Pizza, Denny's, McDonalds and lots of mom and pop shops within walking distance), walking distance to McMahon Stadium, didn't check out the pool, but my friend said it was ok. 15 minute drive from downtown and 20 minutes from Chinook mall and that shopping district. My only complaint was that the beds were fairly hard and the pillows felt like little soft foam chunks in them (no support in them), but that's more of a personal preference thing I suppose. Staff was polite and friendly. DEFINATELY staying here next time we're in Calgary. Keep in mind this isn't a 5-star Hilton, but if you're looking for a decent clean mid-range hotel for a good price I doubt you'll find a better deal in town!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends