2,758 results
All reviews gold floor the penthouse presidents club calgary tower classic hotel train tracks beautiful hotel rocky mountaineer valet parking steam room valet service stephen avenue heart of downtown calgary stampede oak lounge concierge
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. Used pool/spa but forgotten toiletries. Hotel offered a toothbrush, mouthwash, cue tips and a comb. No makeup remover. No hairbrush in the spa, just a comb. No slippers. Dings, tired decor, drab interior, a hotel clearly managed by men for men while resting on past glory.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
LindsayGallagherPAL, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am very sorry that we missed an opportunity to supply you with the toiletries you desired.

Please know that our entire team reviews all the feedback we receive and we will use this to improve our guest experience going forward.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2018

The Fairmont Palliser is like a grand old lady, rejuvenated and still able to compete with the new, cutting- edge styled hotels. I liked it. The staff were efficient, informative and didn’t seem to be doing everything for their tip, ( although like any similar establishment, I completely expect to reward for service). We only stayed two nights, arriving the first, due to plane delays, late in the evening.our room was huge. The corridors outside would have hosted the chariot- race from Ben Hur, so wide were they. The beds were exquisitely comfortable and the shower easy to figure out. Our only gripe, in a room we were paying over $250 per night for, was there was no fridge and we had to remove stuff from the ubiquitous mini - bar to,store bottled waters. All in all, it was a very satisfying experience........until......we turned out the lights a little while after I’d night nd heard the rumble of our first train. We were so tired, in fact, that we still fell asleep.However, we were in for a rude awakening. Long before our usual, preferred time of rising on holiday, came the screeching, pinging and rumbling of the garbage - crew. That woke us, but we drifted off again. At 9 am, came the coup- de- grace. A neighbourhood church began chiming nine, which was bad enough, but then it proceeded to transmit, electronically, a tune, the proper title I know not, but my Uncle+Bill, in the 1950s use to sing along to the tune with the words “ if I can’t take it with me when I go, I just ain’t gonna go”
So, no direct fault of the hotel, but extraneous noise spoiled the total experience. I checked and the room had double- glazing and thick drapes, but these did not shut out the noise. Perhaps any downtown hotel suffers the same problems. I realise a city has to work and I am not like a holidaymaker in the country complaining about a cockcrow. Just disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, Nigel.

We value all of the feedback we receive about our property. Being a historic Canadian Pacific railway hotel, there is noise that can be heard from the trains and unfortunately, we do not know the schedule.

Please let us know the next time you stay with us and we will ensure you have a room to your liking.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We'd had such a good time staying at Fairmont hotels in the Rockies that it was very disappointing to find that the Fairmont in Calgary did not compare. Sadly it was at the end of our trip and so probably we noticed it more after our great experiences at the other hotels. The hotel is gloomy and reception were not particularly friendly. The restaurant and bar were undergoing refurb and so there was some alternative arrangement for eating downstairs but nowhere to relax and chat over a drink. The rooms were fine but small. The hotel is linked to other buildings in Calgary via the +15 bridge system but didn't tell us anything about that, we discovered it ourselves. If we revisit Calgary would try to find a more modern hotel. The focus seems to be on corporate events and small conferences.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear that we missed the mark during your stay at Fairmont Palliser, but please know that all of your comments will be passed on to the entire team so we may ensure that we are continuously improving our guest experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I love Fairmont properties!
Came for one night for my birthday, went to the spa. All was well until cocktails and dinner.

*They have closed the bar AND restaurant for renovations. They have a make shift dinning area in the basement.

Not near the usual experience we’ve had in the past. I get it, you have to renovate sometimes, but nothing was said on their website.

I do feel a bit cheated, it’s not like the stay was any less expensive.

We were told the renovations will be done early 2019.

Just a word of warning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, CJ.

I am very sorry that you missed this information on our website. It is stated on both the home page as well as the dining section of our website.

On behalf of everyone at Fairmont Palliser, we appreciate this feedback and will be reviewing your concerns with the team.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night as we were passing through Calgary because we were able to secure a good last minute rate of $179/night. Thought it would be a fun treat to stay at a luxury hotel. It did the trick but might not fulfill everyone's idea of luxury. We would stay again if we found a special rate, otherwise for the price I would consider the Le Germain across the street.

Facilities are beautifully decorated but things generally feel a bit worn out. The place has seen better days but it was still a nice treat for the price point. We enjoyed relaxing in the pool and hot tub, though it too felt a bit rough around the edges.

We also enjoyed a late room service dinner which was the highlight for us. The food was all excellent, came hot and fresh, and the table presentation was lovely.

Only real annoyance was the lack of guidance at times. Got a bit lost and confused entering the hotel from the neighboring parkade as there was not clear signage in the halls, and we were unclear on the express check out process. All worked out fine but left us guessing a bit.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple