2,760 results
All reviews gold floor the penthouse presidents club calgary tower classic hotel train tracks beautiful hotel rocky mountaineer valet parking steam room valet service stephen avenue heart of downtown calgary stampede oak lounge concierge
Reviewed 28 October 2015

As a Fairmont platinum, I stay in Fairmonts regularly and the Palliser is one of my favorite. The staff continue to impress with genuine unscripted service.

Looking forward to returning, even in cold weather of winter.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
TheFairmontPalliser, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our brand. And we'll be expecting you again soon...!

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Although we loved our stay was quite disappointed when the price we were quoted over the phone didn't match what we were charged. Email didn't get sent so I had no proof. Not resolved to my satisfaction. Reservation line perks down and ruined my otherwise perfect hotel stay ever!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
TheFairmontPalliser, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Dear Jennifer,

We regret to read this review of your recent stay with us. I would like to learn more about how you made your reservation (i.e Fairmont.com, or third-party booking company such as Booking.com) as your experience is no where near our Fairmont standard.

We are sorry to disappoint you.

Please contact me directly to further look into your stay with us.

Jacqueline.Tyler@fairmont.com

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Just got back from another wonderful stay at the Palliser. This is one of my favorite places to stay. You are treated like royalty from the time you step foot on their property until they have tucked your luggage back into your car. The hotel is well maintained and luxurious. The rooms have been updated with all the latest amenities.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Francine C

But Francine, you are Royalty to us!
We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

This was my first trip to Calgary, and I couldn't have asked for a better location for a hotel. It's centrally located downtown next to the Calgary Tower, not far from the Stampede grounds. There are a great deal of restaurants near the hotel as well.

I had requested early check in, due to an early flight in from the east. After some searching by the front desk staff, they were able to locate me a room. Our room had a great view of the Tower. It was however, a bit small. There was also some noise in the mornings from the hallway. While the room was renovated, it could have used a new door to help keep the noise (and light) out. The only other strange thing about the room was that the washroom did not have blinds, while it is frosted, this was extremely bright in the morning!

Other than those few small issues, we enjoyed our stay. This was a typical Fairmont from my experience, very classy.

If you're parking, I would recommend self parking right next door in the parking garage (it connects right to the hotel) and it worked out quite economically for a weekend stay.

I would definitely consider another stay at the Palliser for my next trip to Calgary.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Fairmont Presidents Club for free wifi.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjauff

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of this feedback which we value - we will look into the drapery in the bathroom window! And we are so happy you enjoyed your view of the Calgary Tower.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Staying on the Gold floor here is a real pleasure. The Gold Lounge is amazing with a very extensive breakfast and pre-dinner nibbles serving. The staff are always friendly. I have a lot of interactions with this specific property and any time things have not been up to snuff, they take care of it right away.

Room Tip: Go Gold here. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

So happy we could share the luxury of Fairmont Gold with you!