Great location if you want to be on the TransCanada highway - road to Banff. Across from Olympic park, great ski-jump etc. This is essentially a motel that has some pretentions. The rooms are tastefully furnished, very pleasant, but look closer and you'll see cheap finishings that won't last. Beds are comfortable, covers a bit polyestery. I don't think this hotel owns a vacuum cleaner. The breakfast room's carpet was filthy, full of dropped "things" as was the hallway. Breakfast buffet was okay - if you're reading this outside of N. America or England, you might find the lack of international fare or healthy fare off-putting. Fresh fruit salad was nice, but that's about it. No yogurt or cheese. A few old looking "pastries" and the usual toast and bagels. eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes...
The hotel has a decent size pool and a "gym" with a few machines. Not much.
All in all, not a great deal for just under $200 a night. Lots of fast food places all around. This is not a walking area, however, so be prepared to zip out on the highway for your entertainment.
I liked that fact that the windows opened and there was a balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from WinSport Canada Olympic Park, Four Points Calgary West Hotel is near downtown and only 40 minutes from the Canadian Rocky Mountains. We have meeting space, a spa, and a restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Calgary West
- Four Points By Sheraton Calgary West Hotel Calgary
- Four Points Calgary West
- Sheraton Calgary
- Calgary Four Points
- Calgary Sheraton
- Four Points By Sheraton Calgary West Alberta