My family (my partner, my sister, my 2 y/o son) and I had come to Calgary at the end of August 2011 for some back to school shopping and our 'big' summer trip. We were travelling on tight budget and accommodations can eat away at that budget very quickly if not careful, so after extensive research and reading MANY reviews of hotels within our price range we decided on Econo Lodge South.
Our room was a standard hotel room, everything was clean and where it should be. The bathroom was small but had a tub. The beds were comfortable and the only thing that we struggled with was the temperature control, warm then too cool. But it was not a big deal at all, I didn't even mention anything to the staff.
My main concern was safety having 2 children with us, after coming back from going to get some dinner the first night we came back to the hotel and went to our room which was on the first floor past the front desk and to my surprise there was a door blocking the entire hallway. This made me feel secure that this door was guarded by the front desk staff all night, it may be trivial but it made me feel more comfortable.
The next day we were going to the zoo and I was on the zoo website and found that because the weather was less than perfect they offered and "rainy day" discount coupon. Of course I had no printer, I asked the front desk staff if they would mind printing off a coupon for us and she was more than happy to help us out. I found the staff very hospitable and friendly. The breakfast was nice pretty standard continental and the room it was served in was nice and big with a lot of tables and a big projector TV as well as a little balcony area.
All in all was a good stay and I would come back. I enjoy travelling although most of the time cannot afford more than an budget hotel and I was satisfied with our stay and my family thoroughly enjoyed our 'big' trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is ideally situated in the energetic heart of Macleod Trail. Our location puts you just minutes away from a variety of tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping centres, pubs and nightclubs. Our many amenities and friendly welcoming staff will help set the stage for a total piece of mind during your stay. We offer 73 tastefully appointed guest rooms that will make you feel at home. You can count on our combination of outstanding value and personal service to make your stay as convenient and comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Econo Lodge South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge South Hotel Calgary
- Econo Lodge Calgary
- Calgary Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge South Calgary, Alberta