The first day we were there, I could smell cigarette smoke in the room. I don't know if this hotel is old enough to be of the day when EVERY room was a smoking room and maybe it was in the carpet? But it was gone the second day so I have a feeling the previous tenant had a smoke or two. TINY cramped bathroom, continental breakfast...meh but I've been places that gave Hostess Ding Dongs and called it continental breakfast.
Nice staff, helpful and, contrary to other comments, the area wasn't that bad. It was all commerce but Chinook mall was a few blocks away and the LRT runs from there so you can get to the zoo or Heritage Park easily.
Good sized hot tub and 'decent' pool (we had it all to ourselves), all in all, worth the money. Don't expect fancy, expect comfort, plain and affordable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is ideally situated in the energetic heart of Macleod Trail. Our location puts you just minutes away from a variety of tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping centres, pubs and nightclubs. Our many amenities and friendly welcoming staff will help set the stage for a total piece of mind during your stay. We offer 73 tastefully appointed guest rooms that will make you feel at home. You can count on our combination of outstanding value and personal service to make your stay as convenient and comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge South Hotel Calgary
- Econo Lodge Calgary
- Calgary Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge South Calgary, Alberta