We were travelling on a last minute business trip and couldn't get a room downtown, so our travel agent booked us into the Kensington Riverside Inn. What a nice change of pace for a business stay!
The hotel is small (hence the name inn) and the staff makes you feel like a personal guest, not just another traveller. The room was delightfully different from the standard double queen/king in most of the major chains. A walk out patio,a comfy chair, great linens and a working fireplace all contributed to the ambiance ...even though a good working desk and good lighting was available too.
The hotel is directly across the river from downtown and a 5 minute drive, or a 15 minute walk on a nice day. Located in Kensington, a delightful area with great shops, wine bars, coffee shops and restaurants all within a minute or two made the evenings a nice retreat from the busy business day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kensington Riverside Inn is Calgary's premier luxury boutique Inn located steps from Downtown Calgary along the banks of the picturesque Bow River in Kensington Village. This 19-room boutique inn features upscale accommodations for the discerning traveler, as well as our newest addition, Oxbow, serving unique and seasonal cuisine, letting you appreciate dining as it was meant to be, honestly uncomplicated. Your "Inn" experience will include evening turndown service, morning coffee/tea tray with newspaper, as well as complimentary high-speed wireless internet and bottled water in the guest room. When booking with the Inn directly, guests will receive a $20 per person culinary credit at Oxbow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kensington Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Riverside Hotel Calgary
- Kensington Riverside Inn Calgary, Alberta