“Fabulous, fantastic hotel in every aspect!”

Kensington Riverside Inn
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Fabulous, fantastic hotel in every aspect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Staying at the Kensington wad absolutely fantastic!! It was so comfortable and cozy, with an intimate atmosphere that I've never experienced at any other hotel. They bring coffee or tea to your room every morning, and that coupled with a turn down service in the evening makes for a very personal stay in my opinion. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and don't even get me started on the Chef's Table restaurant!! Let me just say that there is most assuredly a reason why its won so many awards :) Overall, gorgeous hotel, wonderful service. I would happily stay here any time I find myself in beautiful Calgary.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank LaurieMurdock
WernaCalgary, General Manager at Kensington Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Good morning and thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Kensington Riverside Inn and Chef's Table. Taking the time to comment and let other travelers know about your experience is invaluable to us, and I have shared your comments with all our staff as they take great pride in the product and service they provide. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Wetaskiwin, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed a night here after having a bad night elsewhere. This place was great on every level.. location, service, the room, decor, the restaurant... it's so quaint and so cute! It's a very unique hotel experience as it only has 19 rooms. We loved it and we will definitely return.

1 Thank Ashleigh B
Good morning,

I would hereby like to personally thank you for your wonderful review of our Inn. Our staff and management take great pride and ownership in our facility and amenities, and receiving such comments truly inspires us to continue doing what we are passionate about. We hope to welcome you back as a regular guest!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were looking for a charming romantic getaway and the Riverside Inn was the perfect choice. The location was perfect in the trendy Kensington area with wonderful restaurants and unique shops. We spent a romantic day arm in arm exploring these stores. We had an incredible lunch at Brasserie and chose a table by the window where we could people watch as they strolled down the street. The food was amazing and we shared an appetizer of “Foie Gras that was to die for, it was so good! When we checked into our luxury suite at The Riverside Inn we were really impressed with how large it was and the elegance of the décor. The balcony overlooking the bow river was lovely. The only drawback to this room is you can hear the traffic driving by. The heated towel rack in the bathroom was a nice touch. The bed and the abundance of pillows were really comfortable. We dined at the Riverside Inn’s best kept secret, “The Chef’s Table”. The dining room was small with an open kitchen where you could see the Chef’s at work. It was perfect. It was exactly what we wanted something small, romantic, and intimate and the service was impeccable. The waiter is not at your table too long and you are never kept waiting. We had the Chef’s tasting menu and wine pairing and the food and wines were incredible. We understand how Chefs Table has a Four Diamond AAA rating. Incredible!! They also have themed events like a night on the Titanic that is a black tie event. Coffee and newspaper were outside our door by 7:00 am. We were given vouchers for a complimentary breakfast at Chefs table and I had smoked salmon eggs benedict and my husband had a prosciutto omelette. I have always been a big five star hotel girl and now after our experience with The Riverside Inn we will definitely stay at this Inn again and look for other quaint and charming Inn’s like this one.

1 Thank 685Chris
Good morning,

It is with great pride that we accept your feedback of our Inn, as we realize that no amount of marketing, no matter how sophisticated, replaces the value of a word-of-mouth recommendation. I will be sure to share your review with all of our staff who provide amazing service to our guests on a daily basis. We thank you for your patronage and hope to see you soon!

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I were in need of a simple getaway for one night, and the Kensington Riverside Inn is exactly what we needed. With its wonderful location (we took in a movie, did some great shopping, walked along the river, and enjoying great meals), we were treated to some of the best that Calgary has to offer.

With the breakfast voucher for the next morning (which, at the Chef's Table, is worth the booking alone), the $199 we paid was more than worth it.

1 Thank Jeremy B
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have stayed here several times - most recently for a night last week. This is the best boutique property in Alberta, and the best I've encountered in Canada. It has become my regular stop in Calgary, despite the fact that I'm a Fairmont Platinum member.

The property is small - 20 or so rooms, and has more the feeling of a large country house than a hotel. Rooms area quite lovely - I think I've stayed in most of them over the years - even the cheapest is comfortable and more than adequate. Aveda bath toiletries are a nice touch, as are the fireplaces in each room. Beds very comfortable.

The best part however, is the staff. An amazing "can do" attitude. This last visit I was riding the elevator up from the parkade to check in, and a young waiter held the elevator to wait for me. Asked if I was checking in, and gave me directions. Told me, unsolicited, that I had made the right decision on where to stay in Calgary! Reception staff are lovely. Came back from dinner and two colleagues and I decided we'd like a drink. Restaurant had been closed for a private function, and it was late and they were essentially closed. Asked if we could get a drink - response was "of course" and they went away and worked it out.

The restaurant, by the way, is truly outstanding - and I'm a real foodie. Last visit i was on my own, so decided to have room service - ordered a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine. Staff brought it up course-by-course, and poured wine on each visit. This meant my dinner was hot, and perfectly prepared and presented. Caused staff a lot of extra work - but that's just what they do. Good wine list also, and well priced. Breakfast comes from the same restaurant, is included in the price (saves $35 compared with most hotels), and is also exceptional. A nice touch - they leave coffee or tea on your doorstep first thing in the morning - nice way to wake up.

Someone complained in a review that the parking spaces were too narrow. While its true that they're narrow - really? Who chooses accommodation based on parking spaces. The cost is less than a third of what other hotels in Calgary charge.

Couldn't recommend more highly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business