We were looking for a charming romantic getaway and the Riverside Inn was the perfect choice. The location was perfect in the trendy Kensington area with wonderful restaurants and unique shops. We spent a romantic day arm in arm exploring these stores. We had an incredible lunch at Brasserie and chose a table by the window where we could people watch as they strolled down the street. The food was amazing and we shared an appetizer of “Foie Gras that was to die for, it was so good! When we checked into our luxury suite at The Riverside Inn we were really impressed with how large it was and the elegance of the décor. The balcony overlooking the bow river was lovely. The only drawback to this room is you can hear the traffic driving by. The heated towel rack in the bathroom was a nice touch. The bed and the abundance of pillows were really comfortable. We dined at the Riverside Inn’s best kept secret, “The Chef’s Table”. The dining room was small with an open kitchen where you could see the Chef’s at work. It was perfect. It was exactly what we wanted something small, romantic, and intimate and the service was impeccable. The waiter is not at your table too long and you are never kept waiting. We had the Chef’s tasting menu and wine pairing and the food and wines were incredible. We understand how Chefs Table has a Four Diamond AAA rating. Incredible!! They also have themed events like a night on the Titanic that is a black tie event. Coffee and newspaper were outside our door by 7:00 am. We were given vouchers for a complimentary breakfast at Chefs table and I had smoked salmon eggs benedict and my husband had a prosciutto omelette. I have always been a big five star hotel girl and now after our experience with The Riverside Inn we will definitely stay at this Inn again and look for other quaint and charming Inn’s like this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kensington Riverside Inn is Calgary's premier luxury boutique Inn located steps from Downtown Calgary along the banks of the picturesque Bow River in Kensington Village. This 19-room boutique inn features upscale accommodations for the discerning traveler, as well as our newest addition, Oxbow, serving unique and seasonal cuisine, letting you appreciate dining as it was meant to be, honestly uncomplicated. Your "Inn" experience will include evening turndown service, morning coffee/tea tray with newspaper, as well as complimentary high-speed wireless internet and bottled water in the guest room. When booking with the Inn directly, guests will receive a $20 per person culinary credit at Oxbow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kensington Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Riverside Hotel Calgary
- Kensington Riverside Inn Calgary, Alberta