Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
US$ 169
US$ 156
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 97
US$ 99
US$ 93
Orbitz.com
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$ 239
US$ 164
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$ 171
US$ 165
  • Breakfast included
1,030 results
All reviewsirish pubvalet parkingbow riverprince's island parkthe club loungeliving roomvalet servicecorner suitemini barthe location is perfectper dayfront desk staffdowntown locationtwo queen bedssitting areahot tubhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2012

As you first check in, you can't help but notice a certificate from Trip Advisor proudly displayed proclaiming the high ratings provided to date by other guests. I have stayed here a number of times over the last five years and I must admit that besides location, there are a number of positive qualities to this hotel. With that said, there are obvious issues and I'm quite disappointed other guests seem to ignore them, along with the ridiculously high prices, and fixate on the location and the relatively few positives when providing reviews. While the rooms are large and spacious, the last two I have stayed in look identical to those I first stayed in years ago and are starting to show obvious wear and tear. The rooms are in dire need of updating and some obvious maintenance. The fitness facilities (probably being overly generous - room is probably more appropriate) have always left something to be desired. On my last visit, the fitness room was under renovation which is quite overdue and great news at the same time. In lieu, there was a pathetic substitute of several pieces of cardiovascular equipment in two rooms with beds removed with the headboards still fixed to the wall. After taking a look at the "temporary" fitness facilities I asked at the front desk if passes to the adjacent YMCA were available. I was directed to the concierge desk where I purchased a pass. Later that day I visited the YMCA only to find out that I did not receive a discount for purchasing the pass from the hotel, but had actually paid full price. Given the fact the "fitness facilities" were under renovation and the temporary facilities were so pathetic, I was quite upset to realize the hotel had charged me full price in order to get a decent work-out during my stay given the price I was paying for my room. I only wish I had taken pictures of the "temporary" fitness facilities to show others just how pathetic they were. While I will most likely stay here again, I ask other guests to be more objective when giving future reviews. The ownership has obviously neglected to reinvest in the property over the recent past while they have continued to raise prices through the roof. This hotel falls well short of what a guest should expect given the hype and the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LoneCub42
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your thorough review of your recent stay, we truly appreciate your honest and candid critique. We apologize for the inconveniences that you have encountered during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to experience our newly transformed Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance gym.

Best Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Not a "glam" hotel but very nice for business or a famiy trip. Rooms are spacious and quiet, with flat screen TVs in both living/dining area and bedroom and an entertaining selection of free TV channels. Large desk doubles as a dining table with chairs on both sides. A small microwave is provided but there's no room inside the mini-bar/ fridge, where you'll the milk for the provided Tazo tea and Starbucks filter coffee (paper cups).

No problems connecting to the internet, daily charge $14.95.

Mattress and cotton bed linens/duvet are so comfy you won't want to get out of bed. Plentiful wood hangers in a bedroom closet sized for two. Tub/toilet area should have a fan and lighting in makeup/sink area could be brighter. Thick cotton bathrobes, blow dryer and Sheraton's "Shine" shampoo/conditioner/soap etc. provided.

A clipping found under the couch was the only reason the room didn't get an "excellent" rating for cleanliness.

Drinks are reasonable at the bar. We didn't try the Irish pub on the main floor. The banquet room hors d'oeuvres & dinner was delicious and the service staff friendly and courteous.

There's an Irish pub on the main floor, low-cost food chains (Subway, Tim Hortons) and cafes just up the street, family-friendly restaurants (Old Spaghetti Factory and Joey's) across the road and finer dining nearby.

Door staff made sure we didn't have to wait for a taxi to the airport. Otherwise, we didn't need to rent a car (although gas is currently 20 cents less a litre than in Ontario) or take a cab. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of downtown offices and shopping (no provincial sales tax here). In the other direction are paths for running and cycling along the river.

Didn't have time to use the hotel's hot tub or fitness facilities but we enjoyed our weekend stay here in a prosperous, pleasant, friendly and clean city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gilfingled
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderfully extensive and detailed review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay, the amenities and services, along with the surrounding area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2012

First off, Calgary hotels are obscenely expensive for a Cdn hotel so you'll be hard pressed to find deals if staying downtown.
This is my 2nd time staying at the hotel and it hasn't disappointed.
Rooms - great size, with separate living room
Room Service - great selection and great prices
Wifi - works really well (it came free with my package)
Location - good restaurants within walking distance and a great coffee shop in the market across the street

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms (facing front of hotel) have the best view but you can hear the music from the restaurants across the street Even numbered rooms (facing back of hotel) provide the most quiet but not much too look at
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SKim78
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I’m glad to hear that we are your hotel of choice in Calgary and that you enjoyed our service and all that our guest suites have to offer. The Eau Claire area is truly a wonderful place to experience Calgary. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton in a corner suite with a jacuzzi tub! The room was very clean, spacious and had great views from the 10th floor. The room was complete with all the amenities-coffee maker, microwave, 2 flat screen tv's, king bed, jacuzzi tub and bath robes. The beds are supper comfortable and it was very relaxing to come back to the room and have a jacuzzi. Upon our return, we even found apples and chocolate by our bedside. A simple touch that doesn't go unnoticed....thank you.

We loved the location as it's across the street from Eau Claire and a short cab ride across the river to Kensington.

The room was first class, but what makes this property stand out is the staff! The valet and front desk staff are professional and courteous. I wish we came across more staff of this calibre.

We were informed that the fitness facility was closed and the lobby was under construction....no big deal to us as didn't stay here for the gym and the lobby was finished the next morning. Minor details that didn't ruin our experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner suite and jacuzzi to pamper yourself.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirobiro
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to complete such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed one of unique corner king suites and the hotel’s surrounding area. We are also very glad that you enjoyed our service during your stay. Thank-you for your patience while we refreshed our lobby and fitness centre, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I always stay here on business especially when someone else is paying. It is a nice location close to downtown without the noise.

What's with price though? This is Calgary NOT some world class destination city!

Also, if you are going to charge that much, you should have free Wifi.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 612Brian612

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I apologize that you were not made aware prior to your arrival, of our lobby renovation. I deeply regret that our efforts to make our guests aware of this process did not reach you accordingly. We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused during your stay.

I do appreciate your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to see our recently finished product.

Best Regards