“good with discount on WEB”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
toronto
“good with discount on WEB”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Look for the discount 40%+ at this hotel’s WEB site. Velvet parking cost $30 + tip during weekend, $3 more during weekday. I did not see any cheaper parking nearby.

This hotel is pet friendly. There is a dog house in the lobby and I saw a big dog running freely not on leash.

It is located in the downtown area, adjacent to the Prince Island. The island has a children playground only. Many people recommended the Tea House on the island but it is pretty expensive, main course $40+. Eating is generally expensive in the downtown, main course $30+. There are cheaper alternative, Spaghetti House up the 3rd street and Sumo Japanese besides the hotel. Up 3rd street, there are underground streets and a good size shopping centre. There are also busy night life near 3rd street and 8th Avenue during the weekend.

The room is beautifully decorated (photos will be uploaded). The size is also good, provided in the downtown area. It has doors between the sit in area, washing area and bathroom. The sofa can also turn into a sofa bed. My room view is above swimming pool and opposite to YMCA. Some rooms may see the island and river. The swimming pool is pretty standard and there is a water slide. The service is good and quick, response to room service is within 3 minutes.

Room Tip: looks for discount at this hotel's WEB
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank edwin_f
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. The "big dog " in the lobby is our Chocolate Lab, Canine Ambassador, Ben. He is very friendly and guests can schedule a walk with Ben by making an appointment with our Concierge Team. I’m glad to learn that you’ve taken advantage of our surrounding areas and explored them thoroughly. I’m also happy to know that you enjoyed our suites. We look forward to welcoming you back non your next trip to Calgary.

Best Regards

Gord Minor
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites for about a month this summer whilst in Calgary on business. I actually arrived the day Stampede started (best timing ever!) so it was a great time to be in Calgary.
The location of the hotel is great, nice to be so close to Prince's Island Park during the summer months, it's a lovely place to run/walk/sunbathe. It's also well situated for most of down town, I found myself basically walking everywhere. There's always taxis available outside too - oh and the hotel is connected to Calgary's elevated walkway network (the +15) which I imagine is useful in winter!
The room I had was very nice, spacious, well designed and I had two Queen beds in mine (or maybe they were King, I get confused by N. American bed sizings! Either way, they were BIG) and the living area was nice too, good sized desk and a kitchenette (just about - there was a microwave!) which was stocked with decent glassware. There's a small supermarket and a liquor store about 5 mins walk away on 5th Avenue for any supplies, minibar is usual hotel extravagant pricing! The bed was comfortable, nice pillows; the bathroom was certainly adequate (shower above tub) and overall it was a comfortable place to spend a month.
Staff were excellent, super friendly and accommodating, and although canine concierge Ben (woof!) was on holiday most of the time I was there I did get to see him a few times.
Other hotel facilities? Well, the two bar areas are both nice, the food is pretty good too. The gym wasn't the best, but not such an issue in summer. The pool I was not really a fan of it, was shallow (fair enough, I can cope with that), but it seemed to have a VERY high chlorine level - it made my eyes sting a fair bit.
The wifi was pretty solid, and free, which is nice!
Overall it was a very pleasant stay, I would certainly be happy to go and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have slightly nicer views I think, but generally it doesn't matt...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank therealmikeward
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire and the surrounding areas. We are thrilled to learn that you were able to take full advantage of the hotel’s amenities, as well as the Eau Claire area. I’m sorry to hear that you were only able to see Ben, our Canine Ambassador a few times, he loves vacations during the summer as well! We are currently in the process of planning a renovation for our existing health club area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Ontario
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years and I have always enjoyed my stays.
Large rooms and good service make this my favourite hotel in Calgary. For gold and platinum spg members the lounge on 15 is a nice plus. They serve a great hot and cold breakfast in the morning.

The hotel is on the edge of the business district but is conveniently connected to everything through Calgary's +15 network for those cold days. It is also adjacent to to Bow River and Prince's Island Park for walks or jogs.

For convenient dining, an Irish Pub, Fionn MacCool's is onsite and Joey's casual dining is across the street. Chinatown is a couple of blocks away.

Downside, well the gym is not terribly well equipped but I have that same comment about every hotel where I have stayed in Calgary.

Room Tip: I like odd numbered rooms as the even numbered look across at an office tower. If you stay there, cl...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AnotherOntarioguy
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a great review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. It is wonderful to see some of our loyal guests, such as yourself, continue to return to our hotel. We take great pride in providing our guest with outstanding service and we’re proud to be your “favourite hotel in Calgary”. On another note we are currently in the process of a renovation plan for our existing health club area, that will take plance in the near future. Thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming your back.

Best Regards

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Thought it important to let you know of my experience with the front desk staff and assistant managers response to my concerns. When I received my VISA statement I had a secondary charge of my card being swiped to pay more than half of another patron's bill which was 4x my bill. Front Desk Asst. Mgr. indicated my card was swiped accidentally after I checked out (6 am) and then indicated that IT dept. was at fault. I asked for a copy of the bill and I was able to see the other patron"s name/address/telephone #/who he worked for etc and I assume he got my personal info on his receipt. I indicated that I was not happy with the explanation and his non-concern of my identity theft. The offer to alleviate the concern translated to about 5 minutes of my time when I had to spend hours getting it fixed. BEWARE.
Watch your bill when staying here.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Rick P
Markham
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Based on my first experience, I made this my first choice when booking this time around. True to their word and per my request, my room was located away from stairs and elevator. However, I was located directly above Barclays and awoken 2 out of 4 nights by loud banging and scraping noises at 3:30am. That's challenging, for a traveller from another time zone who was sleep challenged by their inernal clock. My room had 2 queens instead of a king this time and the bathroom was smaller. None of those things diminished my appreciation of the comfort and cleanliness of my surroundings. The bed was very comfortable. There was ample closet and drawer space. I went to Barclays for the first time and had a great cobb salad with co-workers who thoroughly enjoyed their food and wine. I *love* that I can walk across the +15 skywalk directly from the hotel to my office. There are terrific restaurants in the area. Grabbing a taxi is never a problem. Check in and check out is effficient and friendly. I'll be back to Sheraton Eau Claire, guaranteed. P.S. I was fortunate to be there during some great weather vs the last trip. Bonus as I love sleeping with the window open.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
gmthegm, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete another wonderful review for the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We’re so proud to be your “first choice” for booking. I do apologize for the noise you experienced, we are looking into what would have caused such a distrurbance. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your suite and its’ features, along with the services provided by our outstanding team. Thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,