SO I just spent 3 weeks at this hotel. For a downtown Calgary property, I got a pretty decent rate considering the Westin next door was about double. My first observation is that the rooms (I stayed in 4 different ones over the 3 weeks) were clean, well appointed and comfortable and the housekeeping staff did an exceptional job to the smallest detail every day. Not to be mean spirited but that's where the kudos end. The staff are hit and miss on both skill and politeness and one young lady was actually downright RUDE to an incredible level. I didn't actually have a choice or I would have walked out given how much money I was spending over 3 weeks!! They don't seem to be able to communicate and see your stay as a continuous whole especially if you need to check in and out occasionally over the course of the stay as I did. There is no reason why you get the room you do as I got a 2 bedroom room twice and a one bedroom room twice with exactly the same room rate. The customer experience is awful as a result. The need to swipe your key in the elevator is a hassle even though it's apparently for your 'security' in a city where there's almost no discernible crime and the rooms all have 3-4 locks on the doors. The restaurant is very mediocre and overpriced and the room service while fast is also overpriced...nevertheless par for the course given the cost of the city as a whole. The door to the +15 pedestrian network closes WAY TOO early in the evening and on weekends and is more likely a result of their not wanting the hassle of managing it as much as for again 'security' the much used excuse. The elevators are unbearably loud until they lessen later in the evening and the views from the lower floors are nonexistent given the proximity of neighboring buildings. The fact that the hotel is not affiliated with a national chain is a shame since you cannot earn points, miles etc. I would recommend shopping around more if possible if you must stay in downtown Calgary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel and Spa Calgary offer's the best downtown location, great value in room rates, free deluxe buffet breakfast and free WIFI in all guest rooms. All of our Guest Suites include such luxurious amenities as high thread count sheets, pillow top mattress, duvet, and flat screen TV. Our suites range in size from 595 to 750 square feet and offer both living and bedroom spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Hotel and Spa Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calgary International Hotel
- International Hotel Calgary
- International Hotel And Spa Calgary Alberta