Carriage House Inn
FourPoints.com
US$ 68
US$ 58
US$ 116
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
Agoda.com
US$ 168
US$ 119
1,127 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolprime ribheritage parkbreakfast buffetmacleod trailchinook mallgreat hotelsteam rooma great staywould stay here againcomfortable roomeasy accessconvenient locationhot tubbusiness trippeanutswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So my impression is this hotel has been in this location a long time BUT they have upgraded it. Based on the amenities and offers, it is a Superior 3-star for the price. If you normally stay at a 5-star hotel, you will definitely feel this is a step down - but it will also be hard to complain, given the cost.

Room was upgraded with current decor, like granite countertops and Tassimo coffee maker, all clean and in good condition. Free Wifi and parking. Bed was very comfortable - but I would say pillows were a bit too large for my liking and no pay-per-view (first world complaint - LOL).

Our room came with a coupon for 1 free drink in the lounge. So we peeked in there and discovered it was a cozy bar with a few tables for dinner and VLT's. So even though there are two restaurants in the lobby (one very reasonably priced comfort food and one much more fancy), we decided to eat in the Lounge (same menu as the comfort food place). I had the Prime Rib special, which was under $20 for a great meal and free glass of very decent house wine... seriously hard to complain about that! Food was good, service from the bartender was good, and we enjoyed some time on the VLT's after.

Hot breakfast was included with the room price, and this is one of the best breakfasts I have had when included in the price. You are seated at a table and served coffee and/or juice, then you go to the buffet with scrambled eggs, tasty potatoes, sausages, bacon, pancakes.. etc. This breakfast was more like what I experience at a conference, not at a 3-star hotel that says it includes breakfast.

Comfort Food and Comfort Hotel.

OK so the downsides....

Those who are non-smokers will notice a hint of smoking history in the hotel. I can tell they have done a lot of work to try and remove any smell - even in the Lounge, but just a hint lingers - enough to know this is not a new hotel. BUT NOTE: the room is the best smelling place in the hotel, with new carpet-paint-bedding-etc... so once in your room, it should not bother you.

The pretty pool and hot tub are open to the elements, which on a snowy -15 evening makes it undesirable... even though the pool is heated, the walking surface deck is heated, and they give you robes in your room.

While the renovations in the rooms are very nice, the common areas (entrance/check-in/elevators/lobby/hallways) still have some older touches that make you aware you are not in a 5 star hotel.

In summary, this is much better than your entry level basic hotel, but not your higher end posh location with fancy dance club/bar or restaurant with dress code. For me a high 3-star or mid 4-star.

I have attended a lot of conventions and I bet this place would be great for an economical conference. Next one our little association has - I am going to suggest they compare it!

Room Tip: Premium Room is very nicely renovated
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night at Carriage House Inn. We were immediately greeted by their friendly front desk staff.

We enjoyed our room with the large bath tub and the mountain view. The room was very comfortable, clean and offered plenty of space to relax.

Aside from the little noises an older hotel has in the vents etc, we loved our stay. The food options downstairs were an added bonus.

We will stay here again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My sister and I stopped in for lunch, we ordered salt & pepper wings & dried pork ribs, when the order came they were nothing like we expected, the wings were loaded with bread crumbs and deep fried as well as the ribs which were very dry. The coffee was very strong and tasted like it had sat on the burner for the last 6 hrs. When we asked for a fresh coffee we were told that it was just made, yea, right. I expected to have better food than this from here, we ended up taking the food home to the dogs. All I could smell on the way home was the greasy oil. Never again will we go to this place, it seems whenever a nice place is sold it goes downhill. I should have know when I walked in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Joen S
DOSMCHI, Director of Sales at Carriage House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

So sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal . We usually have very positive comments on our food and Starbucks coffee.
The ribs dried pork ribs are supposed to be dry- sorry to hear you did not enjoy them or the wings.Our coffee is made often as we go through a lot of it as you can imagine. We use Starbucks coffee and again, usually have great comments on it. We will pass along your comments to our food and beverage department.
On another note the Carriage House Inn has NOT been sold - management etc. is the same as it has been for a number of years.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Didn’t get a chance to enjoy the breakfast that was included in my stays and I hate courses first thing. Overall seemed liked a nice hotel. Was very easy to get to, the hot tub was fantastic, although no one mentioned it at check in, so I missed the opportunity to use it the first night. Food and service were excellent in the coffee shop resteraunt. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review and comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our great food and service.
Thank you for bringing to our attention you were told about the pool or hot tub- we will reiterate with the front desk staff.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we thought our stay was very nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. It was very convenient to all amenities. We would recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive comments and review.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and your stay. We do have an excellent location and are close to many restaurants, shopping and local attractuions
Thank you for recommending us to others! We hope to welcome you back again soon.