“As every Delta, very convenient!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 6 June 2012

i am a great fun of Delta Hotels in Canada.
they are predictable, friendly and willing to do business and offer corporate rates.
i stayed there during the first storm in 2010 and the view from my window was absolutely amazing.
my room was facing the "Family of Man" sculpture. i took some shots.
the picture was amazing and i sold it to the Winery. so it is now a Label for Urban Riviera Wines 2010.
i have a special feeling about Delta Bow in Calgary!

Room Tip: ask for high rooms facing the "Family of Man" sculpture!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Aereal
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for your review and the travelers tip. Wonderful story about your photography, thank you for sharing. We look forward to your next visit and hope it is as productive.

James Tingley

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

The room met all my main requirements: clean, reasonably priced for a downtown location, spacious room, absolutely no noise heard from neighbouring rooms, large comfortable beds, and decent temperature control so that we could cool the room off at night.

We were in Calgary to run a marathon, and really appreciated the late check-out they agreed to so that we had time to come back to our room after the race, have a shower, and then check out.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MtSwansea
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for your 5 star review. Wonderful to hear that your room met all of your needs and that our service made the difference. Hope the marathon went well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife, my daughter and my mother in-law stayed here for one night in June 1. We went to hotel very early around 9am, I expect that the room will not be ready until 3PM but I'd like to talk to them if I can just check-in and have my family go to chinatown and downtown area until the room is ready because I need to get in to our calgary office for a whole day. But to our surprise the hotel staff told me that our room is already ready. I took the upgrade and free breakfast for just $45. The view to the river is really nice. I think the room is old but the bed is very comfortable and can't hear any sound from outside. Breakfast was great too. They even have chinese style congee which my wife really like. Since I'm a Delta Privilege member, we can have a late checked-out until 6PM so we don't have to rush to leave the hotel which I find annoying every time we leave a hotel. Getting a membership is free (http://www.deltahotels.com/en/privilege) and I recommend this to all TripAdvisor readers especially those who bring family with them on a trip. We are planning to go to Vancouver this August for 10-days and we will also stay to Delta so I can get a membership upgrade to Gold.

Room Tip: 19th floor facing Bow river is quiet and very nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank aerisc
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for the 5 star review. We love hearing that our staff were able to make your stay enjoyable. Our culinary team will be delighted to hear that you liked breakfast. Great tip about our membership program for other travellers. Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back with the same hospitality, during your next visit to Calgary. Enjoy your trip to Vancouver in August

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for just one night in May 2012 as part of a pre arrnaged trip to Canada arranged in the UK and managed with a UK rep with the 40 or so of us.
We were allocated a room on the 25th floor, overlooking the Bow River, with great views towards the Rockies. It was our first night in Canada and had been travelling a very long time. The bed was very comfortable and the room fairly clean (there was someone's beer cardboard carton behind the curtain). Compared with the UK we would say the rooms look dated, but we were there for the one night only (before going onto Banff). On the edge of the city we were well placed for wandering around Calgary on a Saturday evening. We stayed at the hotel for breakfast at $19.95 (plus taxes) each (not cheap) but have to say that we were more than well satisfied with the quality and quantity of food (we didn't have a lunch that day!) and the attention of the waitress who was very attentive and helpful with a pleasant manner. Would stay there again if we ever to visit Calgary again.

Room Tip: The higher you go (25 floors) the better the view (either to front (Bow River) or behind with no one...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Himself2
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for your review. Wonderful to hear that your first night in Canada was a good one. We appreciate your feedback on your room cleanliness and assure you this is not the norm. Thank you for mentioning our attentive and helpful staff. We look forward to your next visit to Canada & Calgary.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed her recently and made sure to wear my Liberal pin. Everyone was great although I believe the last Liberal in Alberta was shot and stuffed in the 1990's. Anyway the service was great, room clean and the barstaff very friendly. Although here for a short time it was nice. The bed was comfortable and the club room (non-smoking) was worthwhile. The hotel is close to everything but still quiet (at least in the upper floors).

Room Tip: Walking is perfectly safe and take a trio over to the pedestrian walkway on eighth.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bobwoodcco
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you felt welcomed and enjoyed your stay. We love hearing about our friendly staff and comfortable rooms. We look forward to your next visit to extend the same hospitality.