The Westin Calgary
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,511 results
All reviewskeg restaurantheavenly bedessence restaurantspg memberstarbucks coffeeprince's island parkjunior suiteself parkeau claire markettop floorvalet parkingbow riverbusiness tripdowntown areabreakfast buffetan upgradeenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I booked this hotel for three nights on business. The valet staff, bell staff and check in staff were very service oriented and eager to please.
Check in was a breeze, check out even better.
The bath area is a bit cramped with the toilet almost in the way of the entry to the shower, which is a rain shower. Nice.
There is a Starbucks located jn the lobby for the morning kickstart, and there is a Keg Restaurant also located in the hotel lobby.
I recommend to travelers who are anticipating business or pleasure in downtown Calgary.

2  Thank Kermit403
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Great business hotel. They treat you really nice here. As a platinum SPG member I've been upgraded to a suite or a room in the business tower 4 out of 4 stays. It's a real advantage in this hotel because these types of rooms include a full buffet breakfast.

Everything has been recently renovated. Everything is clean and comfortable. Nothing spectacular, but nice and up to standards.

1  Thank C0nsultant_traveller
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Spent one night in this hotel. Parking is a little pricey, but this is downtown Calgary. Service was fantastic. Room is very clean, modern and well appointed. Great flat screen tv and in room coffee. Bathroom is quite small, but had a nice rainhead shower head and glass enclosed stall. Bed was super comfortable. Black out drapes were great. The gym is moderate with 3 treadmills, 2 bikes and 2 ellipticals and some free weights and one nautilus machine. If you are a big fitness person while on the road, this gym is moderate at best. Pool is right in the fitness area and looked fine. There is a Starbucks right in the lobby and you are a block away from the Eau Claire Market. Great hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank andrea c
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Overall a pretty good hotel but nothing extraordinary for a Westin... on par with the Westin Edmonton and other higher end business hotels. Great location and in room dining was pretty good too.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I traveled to Calgary for business. The room I was given was in the Business Tower #451. I didn't sleep at all during the night. So unless you are a very heavy sleeper I would avoid this room or any room next to the elevators in this hotel. While the room was updated it was obvious that the building itself was older and lacked sound proofing. Every time the elevators went up or down it sounded like a small plane was taking off. I actually thought at first the hotel was directly under the flight path. The left elevator caused the coffee mugs at the bar in my room knock together every time it went past my floor so I had to get up and move them apart during the night. I travel frequently for both work and pleasure and have stayed at the Westin in numerous cities (Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta,Ottawa, Vancouver, etc). I agree with other reviewers they are usually a very good in terms of their comfort and customer service. This is the worst experience I have ever had. During check-out I was asked how my stay was and I said the room was unacceptable due to the noise. The desk clerk offered to cover my breakfast but that was already included in the price so instead she offered to note on my preferences that I prefer not to stay near the elevator. This ridiculous response only added to my annoyance and overall negative experience at the Westin Calgary.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the elevator in business tower
2  Thank ZuZu P
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear ZuZu P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay. The noise you encountered is unacceptable and I know how frustrating and uncomfortable this can be. More importantly, how this was handled was not suitable and I wish we could have somehow made this a more positive experience. I hope that you will give us the chance to rectify this issue the next time you are in Calgary.

Kind regards,