Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,239 results
All reviewspacini restaurantcalgary airportbread barhot tub on the roofsmall tvattached restaurantgreat hotellong term parkingdvd playerrain showerfree shuttleshuttle servicenext morningon site restaurantwake up callcomfortable bedsrental car
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is a nice hotel near the airport. There is nothing really around it, so you have to eat in their restaurant if you don't have a car, but the food and drinks there were pretty good. It was very busy at dinner time.

I would have given this place 5 out of 5 if it didn't smell so strongly of air freshener. The strong smells give me a headache - I don't know why they use so much, a little spritz would be ok, but this was a liberal dose.

It is expensive, but the airport shuttle was good, and the room was nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carly T
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before and even wrote a positive review; however on my last stay I was stranded in Calgary because of a snow storm. I tried to book at the Delta airport but they were all booked. So I call Acclaim since I stayed there before. They charged me $297 for a basic room. I should have call the Hilton Garden Inn but I was too tired. I will not go back to this hotel. Too many other choices close to the airport.

Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Hawk69
Stewart27, General Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

There is no intent to take advantage of “stranded passengers”. Acclaim pricing fluctuates solely on supply and demand.

I encourage guests to book in advance, when possible, to ensure the best rate.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed at The Acclaim Hotel in Calgary March 3 , 2012 . We were headed to Mexico on a very early flight. our travel agent had originally booked us at the Hilton Garden where we stayed last year which was perfect,however this year there is construction in that area which would make a 5-10 min trip to the airport 30min so she moved us to the new Acclaim (2years old) we had never heard of it but it would be a 5 min trip to the airport at 3 a.m. that does matter.. This hotel was comfortably priced we felt, the room was just awesome, beautiful .. totally equiped with water bottles and even a Keurig coffee maker..beds are great , luxury bathroom even had a tv in it..wow..the staff were very friendly and professional all the way..There is a excellent resturant there also ..fantastic food great service.. we had a shuttle booked for the airport at 3:30 am he was cheerful and very nice as well. I think if you are flying somewhere and need a great place to stay and also leave your vehicle somewhere safely (for free for 2 weeks) this is the place we will be repeat customers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sasksouth
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Recently returned from Hawaii and had a 10 hr overnight layover. Online reviews showed this to be one of the best deals for airport hotels. TOTALLY agree. Very quick shuttle from airport. Standard room rate was well below other airport hotels yet once in room we realized the standard room and amenities were well above standard. We checked out at 7 am, got to the airport at 7:05 to discover that our flight was cancelled and rescheduled from 8:30am to 5:30 pm. Called back to the hotel to see if we could get our room back till the normal check out time and were told that we could get our room back and that they would give us a late check out time based on our later departure time. Very nice staff, very nice hotel, very nice restaurant, very nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter J
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We have stayed in this hotel twice- once in the summer and once on New years. The bathrooms look like a 5 star hotel and the adjoining restaurant's food is excellent with family friendly staff and a chef who obviously takes great pride in his work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family