“Fantastic Deal, Great Location, for airport travellers”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Recently returned from Hawaii and had a 10 hr overnight layover. Online reviews showed this to be one of the best deals for airport hotels. TOTALLY agree. Very quick shuttle from airport. Standard room rate was well below other airport hotels yet once in room we realized the standard room and amenities were well above standard. We checked out at 7 am, got to the airport at 7:05 to discover that our flight was cancelled and rescheduled from 8:30am to 5:30 pm. Called back to the hotel to see if we could get our room back till the normal check out time and were told that we could get our room back and that they would give us a late check out time based on our later departure time. Very nice staff, very nice hotel, very nice restaurant, very nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We have stayed in this hotel twice- once in the summer and once on New years. The bathrooms look like a 5 star hotel and the adjoining restaurant's food is excellent with family friendly staff and a chef who obviously takes great pride in his work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travellingwithsons
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Close to the airport, this hotel is clean, uncluttered and comfortable. I have stayed here twice. The restaurant is very accessible, the food good and the service quick and friendly.

This hotel is definitely not your usual airport hotel. Other hotels should take note.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Zippy22
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We recently stayed overnight. 220$ got us a very nice room, 2 weeks parking, and two trips to the airport and back. Great deal overall. Very clean and neat, as well as nicely appointed. Restaurant was good with the thin crust pizza being very tasty.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SonnyBoyz
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I love this hotel! I liked it so much I've been trying to come up with a reason just to have to stay at Calgary airport. I had a layover for just one night on my way to Disney World with my 8 year old son. He loved the hotel as well!
For the price I was simply amazed at the attention to detail with the room. The big big soaker tub with a tv to watch in the bathroom. The bathrobes as standard in a regular room was a nice touch as well. My son loved that there were free movies to borrow from the lobby! Convenient wifi complimentary in the room and a keurig (style, I don't remember the brand) coffee/tea make in the room is just the beginning. The beds were appointed with high quality linens and bedding and were very comfy with plenty of pillows. I would stay here again and again.
I found the front desk staff to be friendly and the bus driver from the airport (complimentary shuttle) was very very friendly and made sure to offer us a bottle of water once seated. The friendliness of the bus driver set the tone immediately at the airport for what was a wonderful layover. My last layover I stayed at the hotel adjoining the airport, it was adequate, but nothing special. It was also over priced for the convenience of being onsite. This time I thought I'd venture out, and try the acclaim, and I was very very very glad that I did!!!
I also really loved the attached Pacini's restaurant! Very nice that we did not have to even go outside to get to it. I loved the fire grill where I could make and toast my own garlic bread. Very nice atmosphere and very friendly wait staff!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family