New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Merida, Mexico
“Amazing amenities, Modern and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I love this hotel! I liked it so much I've been trying to come up with a reason just to have to stay at Calgary airport. I had a layover for just one night on my way to Disney World with my 8 year old son. He loved the hotel as well!
For the price I was simply amazed at the attention to detail with the room. The big big soaker tub with a tv to watch in the bathroom. The bathrobes as standard in a regular room was a nice touch as well. My son loved that there were free movies to borrow from the lobby! Convenient wifi complimentary in the room and a keurig (style, I don't remember the brand) coffee/tea make in the room is just the beginning. The beds were appointed with high quality linens and bedding and were very comfy with plenty of pillows. I would stay here again and again.
I found the front desk staff to be friendly and the bus driver from the airport (complimentary shuttle) was very very friendly and made sure to offer us a bottle of water once seated. The friendliness of the bus driver set the tone immediately at the airport for what was a wonderful layover. My last layover I stayed at the hotel adjoining the airport, it was adequate, but nothing special. It was also over priced for the convenience of being onsite. This time I thought I'd venture out, and try the acclaim, and I was very very very glad that I did!!!
I also really loved the attached Pacini's restaurant! Very nice that we did not have to even go outside to get to it. I loved the fire grill where I could make and toast my own garlic bread. Very nice atmosphere and very friendly wait staff!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DarciPenner
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I always stay with the Acclaim during my trips away and leave my car in their care until my return. The restaurant located in the hotel in excellent and the shuttle service is the best available for drop off and pick-up at the airport. The hot tubs located on the roof are awesome for soaking the travel-weary and the room amenities are superb. Nice touch to have weigh scales in the rooms to assist in checking weight of luggage before airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LeeShe C
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I fly in and out of Calgary all the time on business and bounce between the Acclaim and the Best Western Premire. When I first started staying at the Acclaim it was kept very clean and had a great breakfast in the morning. Now cleaning is still ok, but not as exceptional as previous visits, I also stayed for over 10 days was not upgraded to a room with fridge\microwave, which is the standard at Best Western. From now on I will be staying at the Best Western Premire.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jay W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This hotel was fantastic. The room was very clean and modern with great amenities (big soaker tub, tv in the bathroom, free wifi, movie rentals and hot tub on the roof top). We ate at Pacini's, which was delicious - my husband enjoyed the bread bar. The hotel was very close to the airport as well. Upon checking out of this hotel, I realized I had left my wedding rings on the night table in the room. I called the hotel from the airport and they were able to locate the rings within minutes. They sent my rings back to me via UPS and I received them the following day. I was very impressed with the level of customer service I received. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank BOfromTO
Edson, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here on a stop over, and was pleasantly surprised, the room was tastefully decorated, bed very comfy, and the room amenities more than satisfactory. The front desk was friendly, efficient, polite and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 406, very quiet, far from the elevator