“great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
English Bed, Breakfast and Day Spa
Ranked #3 of 52 Calgary B&B and Inns
westlock
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in april with friends and had both rooms, so we pretty much had the whole upstairs to ourselves. We played cards, had sherry and went in the hot tub. It was just an all around great experience, from the friendly welcome all the way to the outstanding breakfast. Teri even printed us coupons for our next event in town. They are fabulous people and we would stay there again for sure. We already gave their name to our neighbour.
Carol. S

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank carol s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Westlock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

What a fabulous B&B this is! We felt like we were staying with friends! The rooms were comfortable and sound proof, and the living area felt so relaxing. And the breakfast...superb! I have already shared our B&B with friends! I know we will stay there again! Thanks David and Teri :)

Room Tip: The one room has a patio doors to the hot tub...which was fabulous!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandi J
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

This B&B was BY FAR the best value in comfort, variety and price than the other B&Bs I stayed at this trip, (Simone's B&B, Montreal) and (Cabbageville, Toronto). The home is spacious, super clean, and full of nice touches such as complimentary sherry, soft drinks, juices and a cupboard full of all kinds of tea, cider, hot chocolate and instant coffees, plus a variety of morning newspapers with breakfast. The kitchen was available to guests at all times for preparing meals and storing food in the refrigerator. I also liked the floor and hall lights that came on automatically when I left my room during the night. The rooms have luggage stands and complimentary fluffy robes and slippers for accessing the hot tub, who could ask for more comfort for the price? Indeed, there is more....Teri makes a delicious, healthy gourmet breakfast, a different menu every day, and both she and David were very accommodating and helpful; there's even a complimentary laptop to use, and the signal is strong. The B&B may seem a little out of the way, but it's in a quiet, safe area in NW Calgary, and only a 15 minute walk to the C train, which will take you to the city centre in 15 min. If you don't feel like walking, there are at least two buses which will take you to the C train station. For my trip to the airport, I left the house at 11:05am and arrived at the check-in counter at the airport at 12:45. This would be a great place for an extended stay, as the rooms are spacious and the hosts make you feel welcome to use the living and rec rooms. I need to be back in Calgary in September, and will definitely choose this B&B, thank you Teri and David, for a great stay!

Room Tip: Choose the Egyptian room for easier access to the hot tub
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank xena888
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Having stayed in a couple of hotels when in Calgary on business, I wanted a more "home-like" atmosphere. So I stayed with David and Teri at the English Bed and Breakfast. Fantastic!

David and Teri are lovely hosts and the accommodation is great, I really enjoy the freedom of feeling more like I'm staying at home, rather than in a stuffy hotel room. The breakfasts are also fantastic and the value is incredible.

I will be staying with David and Teri every time I visit Calgary.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Caleamon
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

After several bad and overpriced experiences with other hotels, I thought I will never find my expected place to stay in Calgary!!

I stayed at English Bed and breakfast for one night ( wished was more).Teri & David were above my expectation and I believe 5 stars is far below what they should get!!

The Hotel was super clean , super tidy, super healthy, super in every thing!! The breakfast was backed to me in a friendly way that made me have no worries at all. Definitely,I will go and stay there again!! Thanks Teri & David....

Room Tip: I liked the Egyptian room!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business