“Best brunch in cowtown”

Ranked #716 of 4,028 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed 6 July 2015

My wife, and friends and I are all about the brunch. Most days on either Saturday or Sunday we go for brunch. Lots of time we try to find great new places.. Well I am not going to look anymore. First there is a disclaimer, if you are going here for quick service you may be disappointed depending on when you show up cause it can get busy. I live this place because their food is great and creative for a pub. I love eggs Benny for brunch. And am tired of going to upscale restaurants or brunch places and paying over $14 for eggs Bennie, I don't care what they put on it. Here you get a choice of over 5 different bennies, all $10 or under. My fav of choice is the waffle, bacon with avocado and tomato. So good. Plus lots of choice for $7. On top of that they have have great ciders and beer to be had. I won't go anywhere else for brunch until they can confirm it beats Joyce!!

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 11 April 2015

So let me start off by saying our waitress on Friday afternoon was friendly. Slow but it was busy. Second it's a beautiful restaurant. Third I've eaten there before and it was pretty good. Friday though was horrible. Maybe new staff? I don't know. First we ordered the mango Calimari. Had it once before and it was pretty good. This time the Calimari was the size of a dime, texture of rubber and it was coated with what tasted like salty shake n bake. Next my wife had the lamb burger. Not bad but dry and boring. She are half and we brought home to feed it to the dog. I had the beef dip with side caeser salad. The beef dip was good but the meat was in a ball in the middle of the bun. No meat on the end. If I wanted a sandwich like that I would go to subway. Had to send the salad back. It was a ball of dressing with a few pieces of lettuce. How do you mess up a salad? Oh and I asked for the sandwich mayo horseradish dressing on the side. It came out looking like it had a layer of mucus on the top. Like it had been sitting in the sun for a week, Horrible expierience. If you want to go, sit at the bar and just drink.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 15 March 2015

Over priced. $35 for a burger and two drinks. $7 for well grade whiskeys is crazy. I wouldn't go back on my own accord.

Service was awful. Our area of tables had to physically tap on our server's shoulder as she passed by in order to get her attention. No matter how much waving or calling her name would do. And pesonally I don't blame her. I counted maybe 5 servers for a full pub.

The washroom level smelled a little foul. Then we find out they had a sewage backup and shut the kitchen down for a couple hours. Would be nice if they told us as we would have left since part of our party was getting hungry and wanted food.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

I hadn't been to joyce in years and I was very impressed with how it looks and the menu and specials. However our server Camille was much less impressed to be there. She didn't ask how the food was, didn't offer more drinks or refills and also didn't smile. The food was ok, I wasn't stoked with my sandwich but fries and pachos were fantastic! I like Joyces enough to try again, but there's so many good pubs around why bother if the service is poor.

Reviewed 18 January 2015

The flood took its toll on this place. It is a nice place for a few beers out. the decor is very nice now after the renovations...but the food is not as good as it was. The prices went way up and portions got smaller. I support this place even after the big price increase for its my neighbour hood and I firmly believe in supporting local business. But, if you want a better place to go there are lots.

Date of visit: November 2014