“Superb Food and Service”

Vero Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
Vero Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,789 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Sunnyside
Cross street: Kensington Road
Description: With an atmosphere that breathes relaxed elegance, Vero Bistro presents a menu that defines inspired Italian Fusion Cuisine. Vero's Chef Jenny believes strongly in the importance of fresh, healthy food while supporting the local community and strives to create flavourful inspired cuisine using quality ingredients sourced from a variety of trusted local producers, Remarkable starters and plates designed for sharing are offered along side hearty entrees, such as the house made pasta, grass fed beef, seafood, lamb, chicken and duck, with many gluten-free options available. Featured small plates include, Meatball 'Bolognese', Signature Sweet Potato Gnocchi with wild boar bacon and gorgonzola, as well as more substantial offerings, such as the Grass Fed New York Steak w truffle parmesan frites, traditional agnolotti with bone marrow barbera reduction "The Seafood Platter". No Menu Tuesdays $45/guest Steak & Frites on Wednesdays 3 courses $39/guest Brunch Sat & Sun 10 AM-2 PM
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife, my son and I went to Vero Bistro for a nice pre-mothers day dinner. It is a small cozy bistro with plenty of room at the tables but hard to find parking. We parked at a small parkade on Memorial drive just up one block from the restaurant.
The service was excellent, not the kind of service I was expecting in Calgary. Very similar service that you would get from a good quality bistro in Europe. All the servers ensured you had everything you needed and checked up on you regularly regardless of the tables they were assigned. They operated as a cohesive team which was really good.
As for the food, just amazing. I had the Traditional Agnolotti. This is by far the best pasta dish I have ever had. The brown butter sauce (i think that is what they called it) is to die for, seriously. The truffle oil they use is ... incredible. I highly recommend a bowl or two of this dish. The deserts were also very good. We had one of each desert as we could not decide what we wanted.

Not much more to say, just an excellent bistro with superb food and service. I definitely understand why they are #1 in Calgary on TripAdvisor.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.

1  Thank David N

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Great service and scrumptious food served creatively! A perfect evening with friends visiting from England. I always know it’s going to be great at Vero Bistro so it’s an easy choice to make!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Delicious food and great service. Anytime we have company, we always treat them to Vero. The chef menu on Tuesday nights is always a nice surprise. The regular menu is top notch. Best sweet potato gnocchi ever.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Went to this Bistro based on glowing reviews, and it certainly delivered.
The service was professional and friendly, the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was that of a New York style Bistro , small and lively, and comfortable.
My husband and I ordered the Scallops Au Gratin baked in the shell (awesome!!) , the Sablefish in a puttanesca (so fresh and delicious ) , the pork Milanese (haven't had anything better, very tender and juicy, cooked to perfection) and for dessert the Passionfruit creme brûlée with pop rocks!
I rate this Bistro 10/10 , haven't had anything better in YYC. We will be back!!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Was Celebrating a birthday at Vero and we were treated so well.
First off the food was very fresh and so flavourful, Chef Jenny's team in the kitchen really deliver well thought out and scrumptious food.
The service however was very professional but warm and genuine which I appreciate. You can really tell the staff really love what they are doing.
Passion in the kitchen and in the dining room, it can't get any better!
Thanks Vero Team!!