“Pretty good for AYCE”
Review of Fusion Sushi

Fusion Sushi
Ranked #2,432 of 3,679 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We went on a weekend and it was busy which i feel is expected. We did wait long periods in between food. I could see if you went during the week it would be a lot quicker. Basically if that restaurant is full and each table orders like 10 things at any given time the kitchen will crash for a bit but the food comes and i was presently surprised with everything. It was better than i expected for an all you can eat and i would for sure try it out again. I like the small portions because it allows you to have variety and if you want more of something then you can just go ahead and order it. I did however find that drinks took a long time to come and unless the servers were bringing you food they didn't really come by to check on the table. So all in all this place was pretty good for the price and i will go again but probably on a weekday when it isn't likely to be as busy.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This was the most disappointing dining experience I have ever had. First, we were served shrimp that had not been deveined, resulting in large visible excrement sacks. Secondly, one of our sushi rolls had a hair on it. And lastly, our dessert tiramisu was COVERED in green and black mold on the bottom. The best part was that we were expected to pay for the whole meal and we had to negotiate for a small discount. Absolutely appalling, would never have believed it if I hadn't experienced it myself. Never again.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

All you can eat. We I feel i want to EAT sushis AND asian food ( feeling for quantity than quality) I'm going there. Perfect with friends. You order with an ipad and food is coming on the table. A huge variety of asian food not a lot with sushis ! Everything is good and come in small portion. Share, try and taste ! pour 30$ par personne pour le souper vous aller manger plus qu il ne le faut.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

All you can eat sushi for a reasonable price is great... but the service had lots of room to improve.
The food is delicious, well cooked. Just make sure you order before you have finished what you have in front of you, as the wait for the next order of food could take some time, it did for me and it was a fairly quiet mid afternoon.
Also be mindful of what you ordered because it may not come out at all unless you remind them, and you could use the iPad to call your server but mine was too busy on their phone to check.
If you can't eat all of what you ordered from the 'all you can eat' menu, you will be charged at least 50c per piece left over, regardless of if you leave it or take it away.
The restaurant atmosphere is casual enough, clean, ample room for small or large groups.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

I went to this newer place last week and found it had a number of issues going wrong. The staff is short and not at all friendly. They seem almost rude to customers. The chicken dish was not cooked enough and the next day i had abdominal distress - i won't go into detail. The place isn't kept very clean either. 17 Ave SW has a lot of good choices better than this one.