“Won't go back”

Add it.
Rice For King -- District
Ranked #1,818 of 3,854 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We went here the other night. We used to go to the old place until it closed due to a fire. Food was good, but rather small portions for the price.
We mentioned it to the waitress, she seemed surprised and said she'd tell the chef.
We asked if the sign out front for a 10percent discount for the opening special was still on. She goes and gets another girl. The second girl came out and asks, what's the problem? With a real attitude . We were rather shocked at her response to our question. So we asked again about the sign out front. She gave us some lame answer that NO it wasn't, that was for the first month only of opening the new place. We pushed it with her, then she says, well we honour it if people mention it. She made us feel like we were in the wrong for asking about the sign out front, advertising the special price. If they don't want to honour what they advertise, then take the sign down.
As we were eating, every couple of minutes a waitress would come and ask if the food was ok, or how was everything etc. We lost track of how many times they kept coming to ask us that, we were so sick of being asked the same thing over and over and over.
One time the waitress who came, was chewing on some food, and spit a piece in of it out as she asked us the same question, and it landed on my jacket. No sorry from the waitress or acknowledgement at all. Lucky my food wasn't there.
The dishes we had were #66 and #70, the stir fried curry mixed veg with vegie ham and tofu on rice, and also stir fried egg noodle with mixed veg and vegie ham and tofu.
They put that product vegie fake ham that looks like bologna in everything , even in the vegie salad rolls #61.
It was so artificial, and made the food look cheap.
Overall...the food did taste good, but all these other things put us off.
We will be going to other Asian places in future, not here again. There are other places a lot better than here,

Reviewed 30 March 2017

My Wife and I went here for dinner on a Wednesday evening and really liked this place. The food was very good and is authentic Vietnamese! Everything is so fresh and very tasty. I had the Sate' Pho and my Wife had the Beef Pho and both were so good. The restaurant is very clean, relaxing and the service was really good. I would highly recommend trying this place if you are looking for good Vietnamese food. The restaurant also has a romantic ambiance about it as well.

1  Thank jiffypop101
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch on way into Calgary. The restaurant was exceptionally clean; service was fast; and food was very well presented.

Ordered some salad rolls to begin with and they were as good as any I've had before.

The main mean for me was the vermicelli and BBQ pork, beef, chicken with spring rolls.

Overall it was very good and the total bill for all 3 of us with the salad rolls and drinks was $60 with tip.

Good value, excellent food, and service for an afternoon lunch.

Will stop again!

1  Thank foosoof
Reviewed 22 January 2017

I was a lone diner at Rice For King. It is fairly new and very bright and clean. I had a #57which is a seafood stir fry on crispy noodles. Was very good, not the best I've had but still very good. Service was extremely prompt and courteous. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Randy Y
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is my 5 year old daughters favourite place. The food is delicious and ready very quickly. A great place to go for a quick lunch!