On a visit to the area for the first time with my wife, we decided that Paradise Lodge offered the best chance of pleasing us and we were surely right. Some of the recent critical comments suggest to us that some visitors have very naive expectations of pricing in this favoured resort area, and also that they have not taken the trouble to study the website, including the floor layouts provided. We booked two separate stays (with a gap in between) for 3 nights and 2, were unhesitatingly given the discounted rate for all 5 nights and we were very pleased indeed with the accommodation - it fulfilled our expectations exactly, with adequate space, a full kitchen very well equipped, a game board, a selection of CDs, etc. The view was magnificent (admittedly, this from one of the most favourably placed cabins with a deck at rear). It is perhaps true that the cabins are not spaced very well apart and this may give a slightly cramped appearance in some parts of the property but it is kept extremely well with attractive floral displays very much still in evidence when we stayed in September.
The WiFi connection (stated on the website to incur an access charge) was supplied free in fact. We were told that it was somewhat subject to overload, and on the first visit its performance in the evening was very bad indeed; however, in the mornings it was quite OK and was fine on our second visit a few days later even in the evening.
One small criticism only of the cabin accommodation: the fan in the bathroom was wired to the light switch - it would be so much better to provide a separate switch for this - impossible to run the fan without switching the light during the day, but on the other hand, impossible to avoid it if one of the residents needs to visit during the night! A cause of unwelcome wake-up calls, as the bed-head is inches from the bathroom door........
All staff encountered were friendly, efficient and helpful at all times. An excellent place to stay at Lake Louise, of course it seems expensive but it is good value for the area. I doubt the Chateau is comparable value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Lodge and Bungalows offers a unique setting of individual cabins and suites in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Located only 1 Km from Lake Louise and 20 time Alberta Housekeeping Award winner, Paradise Lodge and Bungalows exceeds expectations. Attention to detail and a welcoming atmosphere makes a destination to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Lodge & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows Hotel Lake Louise
- Paradise Lodge And Bungalows