“The food is really average ”

Japanese Restaurant Miki
Ranked #102 of 152 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Banff definitely needs a good Japanese restaurant
It's the first time I felt even a jap chef can't prepare a jap dish right
The positive of my visit is the sake is very good
The service is great but a small language issue when ordering
Pricing is a bit high considering the food quality
The reason they operate for so many years is because there's no competition
Go if you need your jap food fix

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

If you used to good sushi restaurants in larger cities you will be disappointed. If you have tasted average supermarked pre-prepared "boxes" with sushi then you know approximately what to expect. the rolls we got were falling apart and very supermarked'ish. The service was slow and a bit uninterested. The location is not very nice. Nor is the interior, lighting or toilets. The outside view is good. The sashimi and nigiri salmon was good, also the temura (and temura shrimps) were good, though a bit bland. In short you will not find big city quality, atmosphere here. Most sushi places in say Whistler or Seattle are faboulos compared to this.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I go regularly with my friends for the all you can eat buffet,which is great value if you eat allot. I love the gyoza and all the food is fresh.
Please stop using throw away chopsticks,we live in a national park and shoud try our best to reuse/recycle. Also if i order any alla carte you should ask if i want ginger and wasabi because I don't eat it and it goes to waste! apart from that the service is always great.

1  Thank Scar12345678
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We have been here before and been impressed. My partner and i came here on Valentine's day. They took our table regardless of being fully booked. We loved it. Specially the all you can eat menu, although this might have just been a Valentine's day special. Gyoza was fantastic, and all types of sushi were great. I think the restaurant has a bad name in Banff for no real reason. Personal favourite was the scallop tempura. They were able to really bring out the flavour of scallop. Very much enjoyed. Thank you very much. We will return

Reviewed 18 October 2016

It was great 10 years ago . Not good at all the day I ordered . The Salmon was sour and almost off and all around meh

1  Thank Vanessa N