“Those dry ribs still hit the spot”
Review of Earls

Earls
Ranked #50 of 151 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a meal!! We started with Calamari, hot wings and of course the dry ribs! Fantastic. I needed another pint of Rhino Pale ale after a few of the hot wings!! The dry ribs are so tasty and my personal favourite. All three starters were perfectly cooked and well presented. When it came to the mains I chose a 16oz rib eye recommended by our waitress. It was cooked just the way I asked and came with mash and asparagus. My kids chose the fish and chips and a burger. Neither wanted any sauces so they came without. They are teenagers and really enjoyed them. The other adults chose the bbq ribs and bbq ribs with Cajun chicken, the ribs were again recommended by our waitress. The ribs were delicious and the meat just melted in your mouth! We had a cheeky bottle of the red stuff, a French rascal and all three adults could taste the wine before we selected our final choice. Finally desert time. I was too full bug the kids chose sticky toffee pudding and another adult had the banana crime pie. I will let the photos speak for themselves but trust me they were really enjoyed! Every plate was emptied throughout the meal which is a sign of quality food. The waitress was extremely helpful throughout the meal and the service was excellent. The main restaurant is upstairs with some quite steep stairs. Washrooms clean. I would highly recommend this restaurant - we had a great time

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate at Earl’s last week, we were a party of 5. Been living in Banff for quite a few years and Earls has always been reliable for a decent meal. No issues with the food that was served but the service was pretty bad. One person in our party asked for a glass of riesling, our server didn’t know if they had riesling by the glass. Really? Main courses were served while people were still eating their appetizers. Server apologized and blamed the kitchen for being too fast. Your lying to the wrong person buddy, I wait tables in a fine dinning environment. Guarantee he fired the entire order at the same time assuming the two soups would be finished. Water was only given on request and cold coffee to finish. The service was friendly but knowledge and training were non existent. I’ve also been downstairs for happy hour recently. You literally get what you pay for. Inattentive amateur show.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First visited the Earls in Whistler and loved the steaks especially the blackened spice, so decided to visit the Earls in Banff. The restaurant is not quite as nice as the Whistler one but the steaks were just as tasty. I tried both the sirloin and the fillet with the blackened spice rub. Definitely both a visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My sister wanted to go to earls while in Banff. I wasn’t keen, but relented. I was totally surprised. The food was actually great. So good we went two times in 5 nights.

The first night I had chicken tacos and southwestern chicken salad. Both delicious. Highly recommended.

The second night I had the hunan chicken king pow. Very good, but not as good as the first night meals.

Only thing that was subpar was the draft beer. Tasted like the lines may need a clean. Suggest bottled beer.

Overall, I was completely surprised and will go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and i took our teenage boys for dinner on a Monday night and we were all pleased. I liked that we were able to secure a reservation at 6:30 (No reservations during "peak" hours). The menu was varied enough to please all of us. I ordered the warm kale chicken salad and I swear it was the best salad I've ever eaten. All of the boys had some version of pasta and licked their plates clean. Then came the game-changer: the cheesecake. New York style, fresh, homemade and to die for. We plan to return for another piece! The service was amazing as well. If you are in Banff, stop by Earls, I recommend it.