All reviews secured underground keurig coffee maker free breakfast booked this hotel secure parking check in was a breeze covered parking clean hotel enjoyable stay the main drag two queens a great stay loft suite rocky mountains hot tub four nights yogurt
Reviewed 20 July 2018

very cute lodge.
Breakfast was not fancy just simple.. The bed feels good. My mom was complaining about the luck of bathroobe and slippers. So practical I feel the room looked smaller than the HP piture.
It was so convinient to reach super market and the restaurants. Very quiet and It was great staying.

Stayed: July 2018
CanaltaLodgeGM, Front Office Manager at Canalta Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Reviewed 18 July 2018

It is a recently renovated clean hotel. The breakfast was adequate and the staff was friendly and professional. They answered all questions patiently. The rooms were comfortable. Hotel is expensive, but cannot help it in Banff!!!! Parking is not free, but you can park your car on the street overnight for free (and between 7am to 9pm for 2 hr). Just make sure that you have the valid park entry tag on your car.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
CanaltaLodgeGM, General Manager at Canalta Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I am very happy to hear that our team was able to assist you in all your queries. I hope you had a great time here in the beautiful Banff. We cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit! Thank you.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying at Canalta Lodge with another couple for a one night stay. We booked this hotel in advance with the anticipation of a renovated hotel with a pool area and hot tub. We called in advance to ensure the pool area and hot tub were ready when we were staying here. On arrival today we were told the pool area was not ready and we could use the pool and hot tub facilities at the adjoing hotel called Voyager. We checked in, put our bags away to our room and walked over to the Voyager to use the facilities. We walked thru the back area and found the hot tub under maintenance and not in use. The pool area, hot tub area and sauna area are located near the garbage area with empty beer bottles and other garbage. This is disappointing as we would not have booked if we had known the facilities would not be available. We travelled far to enjoy Banff and to see our loved ones. It's really too bad that this hotel did not deliver what they claim and advertised they would.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna25012501

Dear Valued Guest,

At the very outset, please accept my apologies for falling short on your expectations. While I wish you had a better stay, feedback like this one are our opportunity to find ways in serving our guests better. I hope you will give us another chance to turn your experience around. I can't wait to welcome you back once our courtyard is done. It will feature our own on site hot tubs, glacier tube and a barrel sauna. Please ask for me directly the next time you call to book your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a fair walk from downtown but there is a bus which runs along the road. Rooms are a good size with comfortable beds. It is very quiet. Bathroom has shower over the bath. Towels are good and clean. There is tea and coffee etc and it is possible to get a kettle if you ask for one. Check in was easy and the receptionist pleasant and helpful. They serve a free breakfast which is very nice with fresh fruit, hot items and toast and bagels etc. The ladies running the breakfast are very pleasant, even when it is extremely busy with Asian package tours. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. It has been a pleasure having you stay with us! I hope on your next adventure here in Banff, you will give us a call to book your room. Until then! Thank you.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Where to begin... first of all, the location is great and the price is extremely competitive. It’s a walk into town, but you’re in Banff so walking is part of the fun!

The design of the hotel is excellent. Clearly a LOT of thought went into the look and feel of every detail, and it shows. Normally the design of a hotel is just nice, but this actually really added to our experience. They are in the process of creating a new courtyard with fire pits and spas, and that will just push this place over the top!

Upon arrival my wife and I were upgraded to a corner 2-level loft suite, which was GREAT. Plenty of natural light. Try to get one of these rooms. The front desk said the upgrade was due to early booking, so book early!

Breakfast was not anything to write home about, but was fresh, available, and got the job done. Good coffee.

We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with Canalta Lodge. And most of all thank you for providing us this wonderful review. I am very glad to hear that we were able to create smiles during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit here in the lovely Banff!