All reviews secured underground keurig coffee maker free breakfast booked this hotel secure parking check in was a breeze covered parking clean hotel two queens a great stay loft suite hot tub rocky mountains enjoyable stay the main drag yogurt visit banff
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at the Canalta and had a great stay. Everything was very clean and clearly new. Breakfast was included and was sufficient to give you a good start. Some days they had fresh fruit and others they did not. The only breakfast complaint was that they didn’t have the fruit every day. The rooms were on the smaller side but you’re doing Banff wrong if you’re spending that much time in your room. I’ll agree with other reviews the lighting in the rooms is poor. Good location, we had a rental car and drove into town and all around Banff. It’s walkable from the hotel for sure but pending weather or physical fitness level it could be longer than one would want. The disappointing part was the adjacent hotels hot tub wasn’t working during our stay, we didn’t try the pool. Overall great place to stay and would love to come back once they finish their renovations they have planned for the s’mores bar and hot tubs.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
CanaltaLodgeGM, General Manager at Canalta Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest

It is our greatest joy to be able to create smiles in all of our guests. It is heartwarming to know that you had a great stay with Canalta Lodge. We can’t wait for you to come and be one of the firsts to try our courtyard once it’s completed. The two hot tubs, glacier tub, barrel Sauna and fire pits will be amazing! I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here for a girls trip to Banff for a week. The hotel is all redone and decorated with a lot of thought! Definitely a fun adventurous feel! The staff is helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and clean. Included breakfast every morning that had decent variety. However, gluten free and celiac friendly options are very slim. I basically ate yogurt for breakfast every morning and fruit if it was offered. We knew a head of time the pool/hot tub was not available but was told it would be at the neighboring hotel. The hot tub was under construction though and the pool was not warm enough for the winter. Pretty disappointing. They have plans to fix this in the summer though. There is underground parking available but costs extra per day. Overall a good stay because we really just used it as a place to sleep!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

What a wonderful review you have provided us! Thank you for all the kind words you have shared about our hotel. I am glad our decors and interior updates are up to your standard. Please accept my apologies if we fell short on some of your expectations but we are working tirelessly to make sure that we take every feedback given to us seriously. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Exceptional beakfast and spacious loft room, athough bedroom was upstairs and the bathroom was down stairs. TV controller would only work if held in the exact position adjacent to the TV. Although included in amenities there is a fee for parking. Front desk failed to fix TV and didn't have change for me to do laundry. Pool and exercise facilities were in other offsite hotels. Staff, though pleasant seemed unprepared to address typical problems and necessities

Room Tip: Aa typical king room may be more convenient the a loft; the one bathroom in the loft and suites is downstairs while the bed is upstairs
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

On the very outset, I would like to extend my gratitude to you for choosing to stay with Canalta Lodge. It is comforting to know that we met your expectations of our breakfast selections. I also would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have had during your stay. I hope that you would give us another chance to turn your experience around. I would love to discuss this further with you at your most convenient time. You may call our hotel directly at 403-762-2112 and kindly ask for me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I think Canalta Lodge is a great value. The hotel is clean, in great shape, and has some great plans for its courtyard renovations.
The rooms are your standard Banff hotel rooms, good size, and have all the basics. The rooms also have a microwave and a fridge in them so you can buy some basic meals from the grocery store or warm up your leftovers. Which is very convenient for travelers with kids and or budget. I haven't seen to many rooms in Banff with microwaves in the rooms.
It is also dog friendly for a $20 charge per day.

The breakfast was actually a good surprise and had good quality selections, the gym is also fairly good; new treadmills, dumbbells and a multi station. I would say it is better value than most other hotels in its star rating.

A few issues:
The hotel is fairly far from the center of Banff Ave however - 15- 20 min walk.
There is also a $7/day charge for parking - which the lady on the phone said was free when I called to book originally. That was disappointing and the front desk people didnt' seem to care.
The tub/shower is a little weird. It seems a little raised, I am about 5'9" and I was almost the same height as the top of the curtain. So if you 6' + you will most likely be taller than the shower curtain. If you 6'5" + I don't actually think you will fit.

Room Tip: First floor has pets on it so the higher the better.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
CanaltaLodgeGM, General Manager at Canalta Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest

I am very thankful for providing us your feedback of your most recent stay with Canalta Lodge. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel of great value. My apologies if there was a mix up in regards with our parking. On top of the paid underground parking we also provide an option of free parking on the main level of the hotel grounds. I will keep in mind your feedback in regards with our shower and will see to it that it will be considered on our future developments. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to better our service and facilities for all our future guests. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

The rooms are well maintained with excellent recent renovations. The staff are all wonderful and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is adequate: cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, eggs pancakes, potatoes, sausage, bagels, etc. The underground parking is heated, but if the hotel is busy, the parking spaces are very tight and crowded.

The only real substantial downside to the hotel is its distance to downtown. While it is a mere 10 minute walk, when the temperatures drop in the winter, this walk is a bit excessive and requires a drive to get dinner downtown. There is also no restaurant in the hotel, so your only option is to leave the hotel for lunch and dinner. While this is hardly a complaint outside of the very cold winter days, if you do not want to walk that distance (for the cold or for accessibility concerns), driving downtown can be a headache to find parking.

They are also highly pet friendly. We left out dog alone in the room when we went dog-sledding and there were no issues.

Room Tip: Third Floor has vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for writing us a review. I am delighted to hear that you have experienced what Canalta Hotels are known for -providing our guests with an outstanding experience beginning with our superior hotels, legendary customer service and remarkably clean rooms. I also appreciate your feedback in regards with our distance to downtown. I apologize if you were not informed that we actually have a restaurant and a bar next door courtesy of our sister hotel, the Voyager Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit here in Banff.