Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 444
US$ 339
Buffalo Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 373
US$ 348
US$ 313
  • Restaurant
US$ 237
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 463
US$ 424
US$ 553
US$ 532
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 437
US$ 300
US$ 281
Hotels.com
1,099 results
All reviewsno elevatorhot tubvermillion lakesthe penthousemt norquayoverlooking banfftranscanada highwayhardwood floorsthe trans canada highwayfirst floordowntown banffroad noiseminute drivevalley viewmount rundlefront desk staffking suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay at the Juniper Hotel. The room was nice, along with the bathroom, yet still had a mountain feel to it. On the first floor, upon opening my back door, I could walk out to a picnic table or stroll over to the courtyard while having a wonderful view of the mountains. I was hesitant at first booking it. I thought it was going to be a run-down hotel where you had to walk a long hallway and kick a soda machine to get your drink out after it stole your money.

Completely the opposite! I enjoyed it, and the restaurant. Had the wild boar for dinner, probably one of the best pig dinners I ever had. Full working bar to sit at and drink a beverage, or sit next to the window and stare at the mountains. If need to, they have a shuttle that goes into town. I'll go back to this hotel.

Yet must add a warning, I need mention this since it is Banff; If you're high maintenance and stay in $500 to $1,000 a night rooms or your wife is the kind of woman who goes to a beautiful place and complains there are not any stores around and the wi-fi is lousy, stay downtown. I met that woman and she complained about Banff saying it was boring and said Aspen had better shops... Don't stay here if that's your wife, because she'll just order the wine at the bar and glare at you for half the day, and the days are a lot longer up here during the summer...

Room Tip: Pick a room facing towards the city. Second floor has balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Nathan P
JuniperMgr, Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the laugh and I am so happy you enjoyed your time at the hotel & Bistro. Hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Banff ~

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We have been eyeing this place since last year. We couldn't wait to finally experience Juniper Hotel as we have read all good reviews. Very happy to say we all had a wonderful time, all positive feedbacks. We are a group of 3 couples, stayed in the 2 bedroom woodlands suite. Everything was Excellent! From Front Desk Staff (Thank you for your patience Jackie) and from Bistro Servers, food quality, room cleanliness, hot tub and the panoramic views! Juniper Hotel is indeed Banff's hidden gem. We are already booked in November and have been raving about Juniper hotel to all our friends and facebook of course... Friends from the US are not dying to come here too.
The peacefulness of the location being tucked away from the hustle bustle with the grand and majestic mountain views is too magical to even describe! Bistro food may not have a lot of choices but they are very good quality! May be pricey but the views are worth it! Thank you Juniper for making this weekend very memorable! Three couples drove back home to Edmonton feeling all refreshed and energized.. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
JuniperMgr, Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for recommending The Juniper Hotel & Bistro to your friends and family! I'm so glad you were able to stay with us and enjoy the property's peaceful surrounding. Look forward to seeing you in November~

Reviewed 15 July 2018

The property has a great location with a view. The restaurant serves delicious meals that are almost worth WAITING for. Both dinner and breakfast took almost an hour to be served. At breakfast we had to wait past checkout time and were locked out of our room. We were given a 15 minute grace period. My reading lamp next to the bed would go off every time I moved slightly. Also, having a room on the second floor, accessible only by stairs made it a bit unwieldy for heavy luggage.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the review; I have passed your feedback onto our Maintenance & Bistro teams to review. Our staff are available to assist with baggage handling for our guests and if mobility is an issue, we are able to provide rooms on our first floor. I hope you enjoyed your time in Banff National Park!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Loved this hotel with its amazing views! It is about a 1km from the centre of Banff so a vehicle is needed however this was what I wanted. Lovely large rooms that are well appointed and the staff are great.

Room Tip: Valley view rooms - awesome outlook over the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

The Juniper has the perfect location for those people who want to be both close to downtown Banff and surrounded by nature! Thank you for visiting us ~

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This is a very nice hotel with great views if you have a "valley view" room. It is a little way out of town but there is a free shuttle to and from the town centre. There is only one restaurant so if you want to eat elsewhere you have to shuttle in to town. The last shuttle back to the hotel is around 7:35pm but a taxi fare back is only around $12-$14.
The valley view rooms have a small balcony to sit out on, but the problem is the noise from the Trans Canada Highway which is not much more than 100 metres from the hotel. This prevented us from using the balcony at all. The room had a fridge.
There was no wardrobe space (just hangars on coat hooks) and not much drawer space. The aircon was very efficient, but a little noisy.
Overall, a very nice hotel with plenty of parking and friendly staff. Would we stay again...? Quite possibly, but maybe try somewhere actually in the town itself. See my separate review of the Restaurant...the Juniper Bistro.

Room Tip: Definitely have a valley view room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The hotel's location just outside of the Town of Banff does create incredible views and peaceful surroundings. I hope you enjoyed your time exploring Banff National Park.