Brewster's Mountain Lodge
US$ 380
US$ 295
  • Pool
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 325
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 248
Agoda.com
US$ 282
US$ 254
  • Restaurant
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$ 342
TripAdvisor
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)
Hotelpower.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,059 results
All reviewsgreat locationcontinental breakfastunderground parkingcaribou streetyogurtcentral locationcentre of townmagpiedowntown banffstreet noiseper nightstandard roomshops and restaurantsthe main streetcomfortable hotelski busloft room
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Brewsters Mountain lodge is in downtown Banff and is a well maintained hotel with character. Our room was large with a balcony that overlooked the mountains. The location is downtown and it is an easy stroll to various shops and cafes.
We would definately stay here again if we came back to Banff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IanHR
SalesBML, Manager at Brewster's Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear IanR, thank you for taking time to write a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again when you are back in the area.

Tall the best,
Staff & Management
Brewster's Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 1 June 2012

The rooms we had were basic but very good size, clean and comfortable. The hotel itself was like a wooden maze and we went the wrong way more than once! The breakfast area was not somewhere you wanted to stay in long with very basic help yourself continental style breakfast - i.e. cereals, bread, pastries with no hot breakfast or healthier options. Good location for the area though.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lmh59
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We booked this hotel room from hotelopia and got a great deal. The hotel is located right downtown Banff, close to everything, with affordable parking. The hotel was clean and our rooms were comfortable and quiet, our room was serviced within a reasonable amount of time each day. The hot tub and sauna were clean and well kept. There are restaurants and shops located within the building, but great restaurants within a very short walk. Also a bonus that there was complimentary breakfast and Wifi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sbartlet
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel was really a wonderful to stay at. We had a delux room booked and it was really well maintained. The beds are comfortable and the staff was very knowledgable. A great selection of restaurants and entries are withing walking distance. There are a few shops located withing the hotel's property that offer an additional discount to hotel guests. There is an additional charge for underground parking( $ 5) but it's very convenient. They have a free continental breakfast and free wifi. Overall it's a great place to stay at in comparison to all that is available for people on a budget.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are not that great. If you can upgrade to a delux room for just a few bucks more then it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hetal74
Reviewed 30 April 2012

First I must say I stayed at this hotel during a conference and did not choose the hotel. I am very familiar with Banff and was looking forward to my three days there.

At first glance the hotel is attractive if you are looking for the 'quaint western' look. I was not looking for the architecture just a really comfortable room. The lobby was clean with comfy couches. Ah, that is a good first impression. It did not take long to realize that it is really bizarre to get around with various levels on the same floor and at times you seem to be walking in circles. After a lenghty search I finally found my room. I have severe allergies to wool and feathers and upon checking the hotel website I found that there were wool blankets. I contacted the hotel in advance of my arrive to request that the wool blankets be removed which they said would be put onto my file. This never happened and upon opening the door to my room I fell ill from the wool, and had to stuff the blankets into empty drawers until I could have them removed. This was accomplished promptly while I was out. The room was a standard room and was clean. The lowest heat setting was like a sauna, so I opened the window to enjoy the glorious clean air of the mountains. The bed was comfy and lots of pillows were provided. You really need them if you like to sit up in bed to read, as the head boards are made from pine logs and protrude out from the walls making it very uncomfortable. The log chairs in the room are also uncomfortable. I had to perch on the edge and put my book on the mattress as there was no cushioning on the seats or the backs. The table lamps were very unique. They appear to be made from Native arrows however they take up the whole night table but they are pretty cool to see.

Finally I turned off the light looking forward to some rest before the conference. There are several bars located nearby and there was constant noise until 3:00 am as the patrons seems to use the lane located adjacent to the hotel as a post party recreation area. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were all the same. I was really surprized as the town was basically very quiet as it is between ski season and summer tourists. In addition to the lane noise the noise from the doors closing was very loud, they sounded like someone was slamming them however it is just the design of the lock mechanism which prevents a soft near silent closure of the door.

In the morning I was looking forward to a nice hot shower. The controls for the temperature did not work properly so it was cool or scaulding. The sink in the bathroom was cracked, the towels provided were very tiny and hard and scratchy and quite unpleasant. Ready to start my day I went in search of the Breakfast room which was really a challenge I finally found it in the basement however the staircase was painted wood - no carpet or tiles, so this must be a recent addition to the hotel amenities. The breakfast was very basic fruit salad, plain yogurt, toast, cereal, coffee, tea, milk. If you want more than the very basic you will have to go out to find a restaurant.

There were a few shops in or adjacent to the hotel however traveling in the off season means most of the shops are closed very eary and most only stay open to 8:00 pm on Friday nights (summer in Banff they are open to 11:00 pm). Keep that in mind when planning your day. There is no convenience store in the hotel but there is a grocery store about a long block away, if you forget anything. The hotel is centrally located and actually within walking distance to most places you want to go including the Banff Centre, where our conference was held. The views from the windows vary from the back of businesses to glorious mountain scenes. The interior patio is a perfect place to relax on a warm day and take in the fresh air, however it is quite small.

Would I book this hotel for myself based on my experience No, not even for the discounted price. There are so many better hotels in Banff that cost very little more that offer a better experience. Most hotels that I have stayed in the staff are wonderfully friendly and offer ideas for things to do, places to go and restaurants that offer a unique dining experience or top notch food, they barely exchanged a word with any of us other than checking in and out. If you do decide to give this hotel a try for economic reasons request an outside room on the side street not lane or ask for an inside room with access to the patio as these rooms should be more quiet.

There is a hot tub but there is no pool. I also understand that there was a gym with equipment but I did not use it.

So do your homework before booking a hotel in Banff there are so many seasonal offers that may give you a much better experience than what you will get at the Brewster Mountain Lodge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the building from the lane or an inside room that opens onto the patio.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business