Travelling down the Icefields Parkway from Jasper to Banff we thought we would take a chance and not book our accommodation in advance. Lucky we did as a fully booked lodge called ahead to Douglas Fir and they were able to fit our family of 4 in.
We had a 3 bedroom loft with a large private balcony and open fire. I loved the privacy and the open spaces around for the kids to run around and chase squirrels. Beds were comfy and the kids were wrapped as they each had 2 x single beds in their room AND a flat screen TV. After travelling for weeks and the comfort of the loft, we turned our stay into 3 nights and enjoyed Banff and our stay.
We would definatley stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 BRAND NEW giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Free WiFi and internet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff