My husband and I recently stayed here for the first time with our two kids who are 1 and 3. We were in a one bedroom condo, which is located in one of the cabins surrounding the main hotel. It was a cosy, clean room with a good amount of space for us. The full kitchen was fantastic too as we generally try to avoid restaurants with our kids at the moment! There is even an on-site grocery store. We also had a balcony and much to my daughter's delight saw some deer outside both days that we were there.
We arrived early for check-in and were given a key to access the amenities and then they phoned me on my cell when the room was ready. We took the kids to the playzone while waiting where they both had a blast, then moved into our room and spent the rest of the afternoon at the waterpark. My only criticism of the waterpark was the complete lack of lifeguards or other supervision. As it turns out, when kids are left to their own devices they barrel down the waterslides right after each other which at one point resulted in my daughter being piled on by 2 other kids as she went down. No harm done but good to know that you need to be a bit more vigilant if you are going with younger kids (and I recommend taking advantage of the lifejackets provided).
Overall, we had a fantastic time and will definitely be staying here again when we come up with the kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff’s Finest Family Accommodation, located on peaceful Tunnel Mountain. All units have full kitchen, air-conditioning, fireplace (most are wood-burning) and flat-screen TVs, DVD players and Plug n’Play panels (families can now bring their electronic gaming systems). Amenities include 2 Giant indoor waterslides, swimming pool, kiddie pool,outdoor hot tub, games room, multilevel indoor playzone, saunas, whirlpools, steam room, fitness room, barbecue stations and FREE/UNLIMITED use of the Town of Banff shuttle bus. Freeinternet kiosk, free local calls and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Hotel Banff
- Douglas Fir Resort And Chalets
- Douglas Fir Hotel Chalets
- Douglas Fir Banff