We bought the livingsocial deal for the loft suite at Charlton's Cedar Court. The loft suite was WAY TOO HOT! The air conditioning worked just fine in the lower part, but upstairs had no airflow, even if you have the window open and the fan and air conditioning going. In fact the whole hotel was hot! The breakfast area and lobby was stuffy, and the pool area itself felt like a sauna room! When I asked the front desk about our room being hot, they told me they have never had any complaints about it before (but according to reviews on tripadvisor.ca, it's a common occurrence with the guests)!. The one positive thing was that the front desk offered us a one-floor suite which was so much cooler the second night!
The pool and hot tub was nice. The continental breakfast was mediocre, with really only basic breakfast foods. The breakfast area was very cramped and awkward.
I guess overall it was a nice getaway - though I would never stay in the loft area again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff