I hate to do this as I usually can find reason not to complain and can find good in most places I've stayed...but even in 3rd world countries I have had better accomodations and service... this needs to be said...
Ok first let me say that the staff was friendly, although not knowledgeable or helpful.Or perhaps it was just that management hides when there is trouble and leaves the staff to act like they can't help?
I booked 2 Superior King Rooms on the web site ...it showed those rooms as having a lovely big deep tub...no tub was to be found in the room only a shower stall, when I questioned it I was told by the lady at the front desk that only the queen rooms had tubs...HUH??? Because printed on my confirmation paper, that I brought with me... under room amenities was ...yup tub...but no tub was to be found. Also under amenties was a blowdryer...nope that's not there either( I checked for it after I discovered my next concern)... the plugs in the rooms by the sink would not hold in my hair dryer(that luckily I had with me) or the curling iron... even when you did the little spread the prong trick...it was so bad, that my dear husband had to hold the dryer into the socket while I dryed my hair...same for the iron. It was the same in the other room we booked for my son and his wife. My husband told the young man at the desk but nothing was done to fix it. We had also requested rooms on the ground floor and close together...We were 3rd floor and on other sides of the building (apparently they really don't care what you ask for, as the hotel was fairly empty being the Monday after Easter) Also the carpet in our room was disgusting...Room 339. I would not walk on it in bare feet I can assure you!
In the morning I wanted to print out our boarding passes...it cost $2.00 per minute to use the internet and it was so slow and then it froze on me...Again the staff was unable to do anything ...including refund my money as it had been inserted into the Computer itself...Cute trick!
The only good thing about the hotel was that the bed was comfortable and because it was empty the hotel was quiet...Would I stay again...NO WAY IN HELL...There are so many hotels in Banff to chose from...please do yourself a favour and don't book here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff