“Staying in history”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
Banff Beaver Cabins
Ranked #9 of 18 Speciality Lodging in Banff
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Historic-type dwellings in Banff. Cabins in back garden! All amenities supplied within cabin (we stayed in Lynx cabin). Comfortable bed, parking included and easy walking access to downtown. Friendly and informative hosts. Great place to stay - would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I've had a strange experience at Beaver Cabins during my visit in Canada in August.
I chose this accommodation because of its good reviews (breakfast, bed, location, etc...).
But I've to say that my experience was different.
I spent 3 nights at B.B.C. The first one my wife and I we couldn't sleep because we had a strange itch all over the body. In addition, in the morning, we found some some small red bubbles in some part of our body.
I said what has happened to me to the owner and she immediately changed our sheets. But the night after we kept on having the same strange itch. The day after nobody asked us about how things had gone the second night, neither the following day. I didn't even see anyone when I left the cabin.
What was the problem? I don't know exactly. Bed bags, spiders, other insects, who knows.
In addition, during my stay in the Bear Cabin, nobody washed my bathroom!
And as far as breakfast is concerned, we had only some rolls and a little bit of jam e fruits. Milk and granola were in the cabin. But for the price paid it's very little.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank SYD67
laurahollihan, Owner at Banff Beaver Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

I have no answer to our guest’s complaint about a strange itch, other than to say that in five years, no one has ever had a similar complaint. So perhaps a reaction to our laundry soap or mosquito bites during the day while being in the mountains, will never know? As indicated on our website, we provide a continental breakfast rather than a full hot breakfast. We are happy to provide additional fruit, homemade granola and breakfast buns to any of our guests, if requested.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is in a perfect location. You can walk to any place in Banff from here. We stayed at the Fox which has two bedrooms and the cabin was spotless. The bed wa so comfortable and especially for me who has back problems. The owners are very pleasant and friendly. Laura has nice warm buns with homemade jam and a basket of fruit in the morning for breakfast. Each unit has a nice patio set to enjoy the outside.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed in the Gopher Cabin for 3 days at the the end of July 2011. This suited our needs completely because we were looking for privacy and a spot with a kitchenette. We also wanted a spot that was close to downtown as we walk everywhere. Laura and Lloyd are very friendly had the answers to any questions that we had. Laura makes delicious granola for breakfast and cookies for the afternoon. If you're looking for this type of accomodation you can't go wrong here. We wouldn't to recommend this spot.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobandrose1980
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed in the Fox cabin with three teenagers. The cabin is very small but we didn't really spend much time there except to sleep. There were warm yeast rolls and fruit for breakfast each morning and homemade granola upon arrival. Everything was immaculately clean and the sheets were extra luxurious. It's a short walk across a parking lot to the shops on the main street. We found it to be very quaint and was a great central location for activities as well. We loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011