“Excellent restaurant”

The Nettle Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Excellent food nice country pub,varied menu with vegetarian options,relaxed bar.Parking easy,good choice of beers

Reviewed 16 April 2015

This was our first visit and will certainly, shall not be the last.

The pub/restaurant, beer, food and service could not be faulted.

Just two problems, no cheese board and it is 25 minutes drive away!

Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

Hello I use trip advisor as a bible for venturing out into new areas and loved the look and sound of this place so when we booked for my fathers birthday for the carvery I was rather excited.
We had booked a table for all of us and after a little wait (well, twenty minutes after we had booked) we were seated on a table made up of a lovely church pew type seat which had some slightly well worn cushions on to make it more comfortable. After a bit of a frosty apathetic reception from the barman it was a true turn around with the waiting staff who made sure we were well looked after despite being busy. We all had the starter course which was lovely especially the risotto! We then went up for the cavery which had some impressive Yorkshire puddings but the meat was a little dry and the vegetables tasted like they'd been there all service so we're not so flavourful. The desserts were delicious and obviously homemade which was excellent. My father enjoyed his Sticky Toffee Pudding and custard but because the desserts are served on slate tiles he did feel like he couldn't really have too much custard and ruin the tablecloth! The only thing I found baffling was the appearance a few times of who I assume to be a wayward local (?) popping up behind the carvery area and two or three times helping himself to roast potatoes? No gloves or badge saying he was with the establishment! Luckily or unluckily we'd eaten our main meals already but this really turned my stomach. Not even the chef serving the cavery actually touched the food! Very bizarre! Overall okay and great food and staff but that incident I think has put me off, sadly

2  Thank peggyann1960
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

Wish this pub was now how it was 30 years ago haha. Friendly landlord, pleasant atmosphere, and delicious chicken curry. Sadly not.

2  Thank bluetwo47
Reviewed 5 April 2015

The food at The Nettle is always of a good standard and the restaurant staff are better than your average pub. In reply to Del B the guy behind the bar is the manager and I must admit he is not the most welcoming landlord unless you are a local then he seems to be very cordial. Well worth a visit if you want a cosy pub with good food and the Chatsworth Gold (ale) is great.