“Tasty tapas evening”

Lawrie's Bistro and Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Dronfield
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 23
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving up breakfast, lunch and weekly bistro nights. Daily specials all home cooked food by a Classic British chef Also including our amazing Sunday roast
Reviewed 30 April 2018

What a perfect Friday night date! Amazingly tasty tapas, incredibly friendly and polite waitress, lovely cosy atmosphere. We'll be back, for sure! Thanks for fitting us in last week :)

vintage2879, Owner at Lawrie's Bistro and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hi

Thank you for your kind review look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Had a lovely evening with family and friends. The food was to die for, really amazing. I can't wait to go back!

Hi Kerina
thank you for your review glad you all enjoyed

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to Laurie's Bistro and I can honestly say it was absolutely amazing. I've been trying to find somewhere that does a good Eggs Royale/Benedict since trying it at a hotel near Pinewood studios on a business trip 5 years ago. I've been around the country at various hotels trying to find a good one and always been disappointed but Laurie's just knocked it out of the park. Best I've ever had. Prices are very reasonable, coffee is great. Clean and nice decor. I'm looking forward to trying many other things on the varied and delicious menu. Seriously guys, if you are in or near Dronfield and have never been here, you must give it a go. You'll love it.

Hi James

Many thanks for the review and very kind words, Glad we impressed you with our eggs Benedict and we look forward to your return!!

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We have been to Lawrie’s many times before and always come away with our taste buds tingling after mouthwatering, interesting food cooked to perfection. This visit was as perfect as ever. Unbelievably tender lamb and plate after plate of deliciousness. I’m already looking forward to next time.

2  Thank Ruth M
vintage2879, Owner at Lawrie's Bistro and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi
Thank you for your think review glad you enjoyed our new 6 course taster menu see you soon

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

We were greeted by a polite waitress and shown to a table. We were a large party and requested the larger table in the cornor, only to be told that it was pre booked. This is a small greasy spoon at best so that baffled me. The table we requested was then empty for the duration of our stay and I witnessed lost custom due to this booking. We all ordered a full English which took over an hour from ordering to table so I was expecting great things. What I received wasabsolutly laughable. One sausage that was so hard you could of broke glass. One mushroom which I didn't even waste my time eating as it wound me up just looking at it. A ramekin of around 10 baked beans. Bacon that had hair on it and two cold slices of toast/bread. If i didn't laugh at the whole occasion I would of cried. All the food was luke warm to cold and cost around £12 per head. I will not be eating at lawries again!

7  Thank Billgean

I am very sorry to hear about you bed experience at lawries.
This is very unlike us as a place and wonder if you could give me a little more information on the day and date you visited as this would help me with you bad exspereince.
As regards to the table in question we try and save this for bookings or large parties as we only have the one large table.
As regards to us only been a greasy spoon this is far from where we think we are and want to be, lawrie's is all about great seasonal fresh food from local suppliers in and around dronfield.
If you could please email me at thefreshfooddelicompanyltd@gmail.com I would like talk about your visit to lawries
Applogise again