All reviews devonshire arms within walking distance excellent hospitality homemade jams a wonderful stay comfy bed vince cowshed
Reviewed 24 April 2016

This is a good base from which to explore Derbyshire and Chatsworth House. Wonderful room, lovely views and very comfortable beds. The en-suite shower room is a great added touch and very welcome in a B&B. Good breakfasts with home-made jam marmalade and lemon curd, delicious, as well as the usual cold and hot fare. Mr and Mrs Fearn were very welcoming and full of useful information about where to go and visit, as well as things to look out for at Chatsworth. My only quibble is that the radiator in the bathroom was not working though Mr and Mrs Fearn had said they were aware of this but their plumber was away... I also found working the hot and cold water in the shower a bit tricky but managed fine in the end. Beeley is a great place, there's a good local pub serving high quality meals and Rowsley and Matlock are not far away if your kids are desperate for pasta...

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Over the bank holiday my partner and I stayed in the 'Dove' room at Fold Farm complete with super king sized bed, a lovely ensuite and views of Spring lambs immediately out of our window. Maureen's breakfast was beautiful each morning consisting of fresh fruit, home made jams, local produce and a killer fry up! The village of Beeley was peaceful and provided an excellent base to explore the Chatsworth Estate and the surrounding peaks. Vince and Maureen made us feel completely at home from the minute we arrived and we would highly recommend a stay at Fold Farm! We, along with many other repeat customers, will be back to visit soon.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

We had a great few days at Fold Farm.
Vince & Maureen are a lovely couple who made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived,the breakfast was excellent and their help and knowledge of places to visit and restaurants for evening meals were great highly recommend their local Indian The Shakara one of the best we have ever tasted

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Perfectly placed for hikes in Chatsworth Park and the Peak District to walk off Maureen's excellent and substantial breakfast. Based on our research and local knowledge we think its the best value luxury B&B around Chatsworth. Vince and Maureen were the perfect hosts and made our nostalgic trip to the old county just perfect. Thanks, Martin & Val, Western Australia.

Room Tip: Book the Hay Loft, almost as good as a room in Chatsworth House!!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2015

During a visit to Chatsworth on the first day of a three day break my wife suffered a fall in the grounds and broke her leg in two places. Having been treated at Chesterfield Hospital we debated whether to return home to Grimsby and so I rang the B&B to cancel our stay. However, Vince and Moureen could not have been more understanding. They pointed out that the journey to Beeley would be much shorter and less distressing for my wife than the journey home. We had booked the Hayloft but my wife could no longer manage the stairs, so Vince suggested a ground floor room.
There was no pressure, only kindness and understanding and so we took them up on their offer. The hospitality and thoughtfulness we encountered at Fold Farm was out of this world. It was only a one night stay, yet our hosts made us feel extra special. Despite our difficulties, this was a hugely enjoyable experience and I would like to thank Vince and Moureen for making us so welcome and lifting my wife's spirits.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple