All reviewsdevonshire armswithin walking distanceexcellent hospitalityhomemade jamsa wonderful staycomfy bedvincecowshed
Reviewed 25 September 2015

During a visit to Chatsworth on the first day of a three day break my wife suffered a fall in the grounds and broke her leg in two places. Having been treated at Chesterfield Hospital we debated whether to return home to Grimsby and so I rang the B&B to cancel our stay. However, Vince and Moureen could not have been more understanding. They pointed out that the journey to Beeley would be much shorter and less distressing for my wife than the journey home. We had booked the Hayloft but my wife could no longer manage the stairs, so Vince suggested a ground floor room.
There was no pressure, only kindness and understanding and so we took them up on their offer. The hospitality and thoughtfulness we encountered at Fold Farm was out of this world. It was only a one night stay, yet our hosts made us feel extra special. Despite our difficulties, this was a hugely enjoyable experience and I would like to thank Vince and Moureen for making us so welcome and lifting my wife's spirits.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Moureen and Vince run a beautiful b & b - on a farm - in the bucolic village of Beeley. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. The breakfasts were delicious too. Moureen gave us great advice on sites to see in the area - Curbur Edge and Monsal Head - beautiful countryside! We thank them for their hospitality and if we are ever back in the Peak District, we will definitely stay at Fold Farm B & B.
Bert & Sue T.
CT, USA

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

We bought two nights B&B at a charity auction donated by Vince and Maureen, including a days trout fishing at a nearby lake. My wife was not a fly caster so Vince very kindly did some coaching on the lawn, well he was an International captain of the Welsh fly fishing team.
The accommodation we had was the Hayloft, two story with the bed and en suite in the loft, with a balcony looking down on the substantial lounge with loads of comfortable lounge furniture, very large TV, and even a fridge to keep the tonic water cold.
Vince and Maureen are wonderful company, and even popped in on the second night with a bottle of red to share.
Vince has stories a plenty about his fishing days, although I am sure he has plenty for the non angler.
Now breakfast was a feast, in fact, lunch was not necessary.
The accommodation is situated within a mile of the Chatsworth House, in fact it is on the estate, with plenty of walks if you are that way inclined.
We had a wonderful time, and look forward to a return visit as full paying guests

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2015

We have stayed many places around the world, and we agree that this is one of the best. My wife and I stayed for 8 days on this beautiful farm. While we were there the flowers were in bloom playing host to many different kinds of birds. Moureen and Vince took great care of us. They were there with anything that we needed. The room that we stayed in was impeccable. We will be back!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2015

My wife and myself stayed a total of 3 nights at Fold Farm , 2 nights on the way to Yorkshire and 1 night on the return journey. We stayed in a room "Dove" in the main building which had wonderful views over the countryside . The rooms in the main building are very traditional in decor but clean , warm and spacious. If you are prepared to pay a little extra I would recommend the newer "Hayloft" and "Cowshed " rooms which are fairly recent conversions . There is something about Fold Farm that captures your heart . If you want boutique accommodation Fold Farm is not for you. However if you want hosts that are welcoming , good humoured and who will remain in your memory for the right reasons I would recommend this place. Vince and Maureen who run Fold Farm are exceptional people who care for their guests , not because of what people might write on Tripadvisor but they genuinely embrace their guests. Vince is a unique experience ! At 84 years old his sense of humour is something to be experienced . We were invited , with 2 other guests , to have drink with Vince on Maureen on our last night. Vince sang, played his accordian and regailed us with jokes and left us feeling that a return visit to Fold Farm was essential. Fold Farm is minutes away from Chatsworth House and near to Matlock and other places of interest . My wife and I would happlily stay here again, indeed we hope to in the future.

Room Tip: The "Hayloft" and "Cowshed" are the more well appointed and equipped rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple