“great fun for family”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trabolgan
Trabolgan Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trabolgan
Reviewed 25 July 2009

went to trabolgan the june bank holiday weekend with my husband and my son whos nine ...there is great freedom for kids and my son totally enjoyed it ..my husband and i could relax as our son was entertained from morning till night at the cove ..the staff were very friendly and helpful and i would definitely recommend it to a family ...........would go back again.............

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandy13
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 July 2009

Just back from a week in trabolgan with husband and 3 children, will never return, its the worse holidau I ever had. We asked for a house and were put into a very run down cell i would call it, it was the chestnut. We were then upgraded to a 3bed hse and they charged me extra even though I requested a house when booking. The house was filthy dirty, matresses on the bed were fit for the fire as were the carpets. There was stains of god knows what on the walls and radiators, how the cleaners have'nt been fired I'll never know. Shower was not working well and to say the kitchens were fully equiped is a rip off, there were no washing machines or dishwashers, which I should have been told as we all need that with kids. Food was very bad, i was sick on two occassions. Only for my kids were loving the activities (which are not free) I would have left after 2days. To charge small children to go on the trampoline is a disgrace, that was the most expensive week away I ever had and not much to show for it. I can safely say I would never recommend this place to anyone and I will be getting onto the health and safety authorities asap.If you have any sense stay way.
Audrey Kildare

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank audskildare
Reviewed 16 July 2009

we stayed in forest oak, this time we`re stayin in the hazel. We can`t wait to go back lots for the kids to do.We found the staff very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2009

After reading some of the reviews for Trabolgan, I was very pessimistic before we went. We had previously stayed in Center Parcs in France and our kids had loved the range of activities there. As Trabolgan is the only thing in Ireland that even vaguely resembles Center Parcs we decided to give it a go.
Our accommodation, the Sycamore, was lovely, very spacious and had one of the best cookers we had ever had on holidays. Our dishwasher's top rack was not working properly but this was dealt with within a couple of hours of my drawing attention to it at reception. There was a lovely little conservatory for eating in and we found our clothes and towels also dried quickly there on the clothes horse provided.
The shop, Day Today, was pretty well-stocked and reasonably priced by Ireland's standards. My one quibble was that they seemed to run out of fresh meat very quickly, I actually thought they didn't stock it but noticed some in the fridge on the last day. However there is an Aldi and a Tesco in Midleton which is about a 15 minute drive. away.
We ate twice in Sally O'Hara's restaurant and were very pleased with the quality of the food. My husband got a beautiful piece of Ballycotton haddock the first night which surprisingly was superior to one served up my Ballymaloe house two days later! The childrens menu was excellent and included smaller portions of some of the adult main courses which is an improvement on many Irish restaurants who think children should only be offered junk food with chips.
The fast food restaurant was nice and reasonably good value. Our children and my niece who babysat for us one night got a great meal deal with pizza and side orders one night which they thoroughly enjoyed. The coffee shop was nice too and served up a delicious chocolate cake.
The pool area was nice but certainly nothing like Center Parcs. There was one water slide and a Wave pool. Nevertheless my eldest two boys spent hours there. I did feel the lifeguards were a bit over-zealous compared with those in French resorts.
There is an amusement arcade and small bowling alley also which my boys were also very keen on.
The entertainment was excellent, especially for the young children. My four year old was very excited to meet Bob the Builder for breakfast one morning and to see him live in the shows.
The sports area is fantastic with lots to do, karting, abseiling, zip-wiring as well as aeroball, soccer and tennis. There is a little area for small children with paddle boats, mini-karts and trampolines. We were only there for a week but could easily have spent another week there and have had plenty to do.
So all-in-all we had a thoroughly enjoyable week and would happily recommend Trabolgan to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MammyOf4boys
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The staff are just plain RUDE! Especially in the restaurant. They should be damn glad to have a job but instead they just look down on and intimidate customers. The pool attendants weren't much better and the staff in the shops, (especially at the pool area), were very unhelpful and rude. We only went for a day trip so I cannot comment on the accommodation but in general, we will never return again. The only staff member that we found nice was the girl in charge of the on the mini go karts. We were actually going to tay for a few days but with the attitude of the staff, we just decided to move on.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cathurn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trabolgan
11.9 km away
Midleton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Midleton
17.4 km away
Clayton Hotel Silver Springs

Been to Trabolgan Holiday Village? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK