All reviews mayan palace rumm ba ocean breeze sun market el barracuda oxxo store an older property vidanta resort small kitchen heated pool smaller resort eddie's place bus stop high pressure sales activities staff resort area timeshare presentation
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Property itself is beautiful and well maintained. Service around the pool could be slow- wait staff at pool wasn't unfriendly but also not as friendly as other mexican resorts we have stayed at.
Rooms: heres the plusses and minuses. The ocean views from the rooms that had them are spectacular. The minus is the rooms are old and outdated: clean, but need new everything. I would have been unhappy staying here had we not had the ocean view.
That leads me to HOW we got the ocean view. The other downfall. When you check in and haven't been pre assigned an ocean view: they tell you that you can "upgrade" to the ocean view by going through the Vidanta Timeshare presentation. Its takes an hour. SO MISLEADING. We are time share owners with Marriott and have done presentations. Most never take an hour but this one was PAINFUL. It took 6 hours! NEVER NEVER do the timeshare presentation with this company!
This now leads me to the time share presentation. We had a beautiful buffet breakfast with a very nice 21 year old man at the Luuxe or maybe the Bliss? Can't remember. They then chat you up, sitting at the gorgeous property. Bottom line: the next 4 hours they tell you all the reasons you need to buy (you almost go for it) until they bring out the $136,000 price tag: which they are going to discount just for you to $49.000. Of course, we have a time share and weren't biting. After another hour of saying no, I finally was hungry, tired and missing my first day of vacation. I was getting pissed but the guy wasn't reading my signals. I finally stood up and said "I'm done." and walked out. But you can't get out of this property! Its like a giant maze..so another 45 minutes later after they herded us to the bottom basement bargain room: and offered us the same time share for 1900.00! We finally got out. They could have offered it to me for $1.00 at that point and I would have said no. Cannot stand these sales techniques. Our experience buying Marriott was night and day from this.

OK..first day down and Vidanta out of the way: I now appreciated my less than stellar room for its simplicity and enjoyed the rest of vacation.
The prices were not great at this hotel, but there were a few restaurants and a little market within walking distance.
If you can overlook the room, the property is gorgeous. But don't take anything but an ocean view room on this property.
PS..we took our 2 teenagers with us and the room said sleeps 6. NO WAY. 2 double beds, definitely not 2 adults in those. Maybe an adult and a very small child. And then couches that they called "pull out beds". The girls slept on a couch. :)

I probably won't stay here again as there are better options in Mexico: I prefer down town or Sayulida.

Room Tip: choose ocean views only!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Vidanta V, Manager at Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Kelley R :
Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at Sea Garden. We are happy to learn that you consider our resort to be beautiful.

We are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations to the fullest. We spend considerable resources training our staff to maintain the highest possible standards as we constantly strive to achieve the utmost level of satisfaction. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing. This is very useful to us.

With all good wishes,

Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta Management.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed at the Sea Garden first week of March, sixth floor, did not get an ocean view but were not really expecting it. I think you have to go their often and we are members but have not been there since 2008. **TIP** - If you do not have an ocean view, room 705 is open all day and you can go there at sunset and get pictures.
Last time stayed at Mayan Palace and a little nicer room and ocean view but SO FAR from the beach. That is why we like the Sea Garden because it is right on the beach. Did not swim much because of the big waves but just nice to have it there to look at, and sit by, and walk along forever....
Another great thing about the SG is that there is a little store right there called the Sun Market. You can get a few groceries etc. and we also went across the street to the XOXO where they have a lot more groceries (and ice cream). Also there are several restaurants nearby of which we frequented because the cost is so reasonable. Our favorite is Eddie's Place. Just go a few blocks left from XOXO and you will find it. We went for breakfast twice and dinner twice. If you go to dinner b4 6pm you might get a table. Its is best to make a reservation. PH#322-297-4568. Anything you get at Eddie's is very tasty. Also during the day walk to the marina behind Eddie's you can catch a water taxi (pontoon boat) and for 25 pecos per person he will take you to another resort area where there is a shopping mall. Get off and walk up the hill, take a right to the mall. There are stores and eating places. If I remember right the last water taxi ride back is at 5pm.
We went downtown Puerto Vallarta, just caught the correct bus just behind the hotel and to the left a little you will see a bus stop. I think it is a blue bus that says El Centro. Ask the bus driver b4 you get on to make sure he is going all the way downtown.Some just go so far and turn around. Very cheap ride. My husband always paid so not sure how many pecos. You can also take a bus and go to Walmart and get groceries and then we cabbed it back with all our stuff.
We saw an iguana, he lives near the bus stop up above there is a crack in the wall. He is more afraid of you then you of him.
We did the Vallarta 1.5 hour presentation. Being we are already owners, they did try to upgrade us for more money but we said no and they let us go without to much trouble. But getting there and back took probably another hour. It is fun to see the luxury rooms he showed us.
All in all we loved our time here, quiet clean accommodation's. Not sure when we will be back though.
Oh one more thing - go have a massage from Carmen. My husband let me go while he relaxed by the ocean. She gave me one of the best massages I have ever had. $35.00 US. You can find her at Spa Betel. Go to XOXO and walk up the street to the right. SPa Betal is in a building on the left side of the street b4 you get to the bridge. Tell her I sent you and give her a good tip!

Room Tip: higher floor is better
1  Thank cheryleeta
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

COULD YOU IMAGINE THAT ONE MORNING YOU WOULD LEAVE SAFE OPEN WITH YOUR CASH PASSPORTS IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS IN IT, BALCONY DOOR WIDE OPEN, DRAWER AT SIDE OF BED OPEN WITH YOUR IPAD IN IT, CLOSET DOOR ADJAR AND TODDLE DOWN TO BREAKFAST. WE 2 SENSIBLE MATURE ADULTS WERE TOLD WE DID EXACTLY THAT.
This was 2 days after arrival. SAFES are old have not been time coordinated to SPRING FORWARD, FALL BACK, so instead of 1 hour ahead they show 3.
For a week I thought I was talking to manager who turned out to be operational manager who I found very disrespectful, rude, and was ill prepared for the meeting that was supposed to give us information re safe. took me till 3 days before my departure to get to “THE MANAGER” and that was by accident. I emailed Vidanta never heard from them. That was while I was there.
This was never resolved to my satisfaction. We left safe open, as for the rest unexplainable.
After being at Sea Garden 8 times and very familiar as to how to close safe I will not be returning.
Back in 2010 Sea Garden was all inclusive using the name OCEAN BREEZE did not last long now many owners who own in the newer hotels LUXXE BLISS GRAND AND PALACE
can get months at Sea Garden for a couple of weeks at say LUXXE. Vidanta make more money that way. Was told this by owner.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We come here even though we own at Grand Mayan because kids love the place and Juan ! Kids have a blast lots to do - beach is close and they love the pancakes! We’ve been coming twice a year for several years!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Arleen F
Reviewed 28 March 2018

OK 3rd time trying to post this review.
Our 3rd trip to the Sea Garden and loved it as much as the 1st. We like going here vs the main resort area due to close access to the beach, offsite restaurants, Sun Market, taxi stands and the OXXO. The staff is so caring and fun which I will address later. The rooms are a little dated but we don't take vacation to stay in the room. It's a small hotel so you see the same vacation people all the time which is cool. We always enjoy the Tues& Thurs karaoke. Props to the DJ.
The breakfast buffet at the Rumba is pretty good and manageable compared to Cafe del Lago which is chaotic and crowed. However their dinner service is seriously slow which is why we eat dinner off site. With the1 bedroom suites the bedroom does not face the beach. That's why my wife and I prefer the Master Room
when family are not with us. We only used the microwave twice and never used the stove but that's us. There is a microwave, ice machine and washing machines on the 1st floor. We like the Master room because you can lay in the bed and look out at the beach if you have a beach front room.
We would go to the main resort area just to walk around and go almost every night to Santuario for the entertainment and to party. Yep we are in our 60's and love to dance on vacation. The entertainers are wonderful. Jay L, the brother with the braids (sorry I don't remember name), the ladies with the violins and cello (they are fierce and funky) and the young lay acrobat. We met them all when they were not working. They were all so cool. Santuario is a must see and we were lucky enough to always get a seat in the middle of the action. Actually the main resort area is amazing but we still the Sea Garden.
OK the staff is what makes Sea Garden for us. I wish I remembered everyone's name. They really make you feel like family. The bell men&women: Isain, Sandra, Julio, Seguuridad, Carmen, Gerson, Ifren, Jesus and all the evening crew guys. Also Bereneice from the Joy Squad, Alejandro from the front desk and Maurico who I wore out about our room. But he came through 2 days later with a beach front room.
LOVE ALL YOU GUYS AND SEE YOU NEXT MARCH OR MAYBE LATER THIS YEAR!

Room Tip: Beach front high floor. 4 and above