“Great food and ambiance ”
Review of Estudio Cafe

Estudio Cafe
Ranked #28 of 163 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We take pride in feeding both body and soul since the year 2000. Charming family ambiance with a splendid view of the marina, surrounded by art. Meeting point for artists, writers and thinkers. AAA rated 2 diamonds. Look us up in the Mexico Tour Book. Home cooked family recipes. Strictly fresh, natural ingredients, preferably organic, cooked in traditional, no-nonsense ways. We adhere to the "slow food" movement for proper cooking and enjoying. During high season (October through April), we serve breakfast , lunch and dinner Monday through Thursday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday we serve breakfast and lunch only. In low season (May to July) dinner is not served. We close August and September.
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We had an incredible dinner last night at Estudio Cafe in Nuevo Vallarta. I had Shrimp Senora, which was the second best shrimp dinner that I have ever experienced. The best was their Coconut Shrimp, which I enjoyed last year. Much to my chagrin, I was informed that they only have the Coconut Shrimp on Mondays. The dinner included a marvelous cup of mushroom soup. My wife had Shrimp Tempura, which she said was delicious.
FYI, the owner is also an excellent artist and his studio is alongside his restaurant, ergo Estudio.
Sadly, I could not give them a 5 star rating because my MaiTai was mediocre and the cheesecake was partially frozen. Stick to beer or wine with an excellent entree.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 11 March 2018

It's only open a few nights a week, so check first. We walked in at 5pm and could get a table, but best to call ahead for reservations because it's a small place. 275 pesos ($14 dollars!!) for the best mahi-mahi meal ever. It is grilled and has red cranberry sauce and nuts on top and has a few stuffed ravioli on the side that are super good too! generous portion. soup was good too, with spinach, mushrooms in a hot broth. I had the coconut shrimp another night, and that is super good too, but loved the mahi-mahi more. had mango and strawberry margaritas also, two for 100 pesos. good deal. Monday night.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

we had a group of 7 with us and went here for breakfast. the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is very good portions are very big! my husband and I shared and it was plenty for both. They even split our order onto two plates! Fresh fruit is delicious. We had omelette. My sister had pancakes and her husband had omelette with chorizo. My grand daughter and my daughter split pancakes and fruit platter. and son in law ordered their mexican breakfast. All of it was wonderful. They had a green juice that was amazing! Everything was delicious! and we sat out on the patio looking onto the marina! Even and old friendly kitty visited us looking for droppings that my grand daughter had no problem giving to her!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We heard about this place from someone in the hot tub at the Grande Luxxe pool! We walked to it and was glad we did. The french toast is made with a nutty grain type of bread...delicious. The omelets are made fresh, juice was fresh squeezed and the prices are great...a perfect breakfast after a morning walk!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoy rage greetings from the owners, excellent breakfasts, and efficient wait staff. Located in a harbor area with covered outdoor seating.