“Grande Luxxe-Tower 2”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Pleasant View, TN
“Grande Luxxe-Tower 2”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Grande Luxxe tower 2 from September 3rd--the 10th. This place is top notch, everything in the room was 1st class. As everyone knows, they are doing construction. It wasn't a factor at all. Yes it was noisy, but all you had to do was take a short walk or shuttle drive to the Grand Mayan and all that went away. We spent almost everyday at the Grand Mayan pool, it was GREAT! We are going back next year to the Grand Mayan and staying in the Grand Mayan only because it will be another couple of years before they get the GRande Luxxe project ready. EVerything you need is at the GRand Mayan. The restaurants are ok there at the GRande Luxxe. The Epazote restaurant was a little too fancy for me as was the Punto Arena restaurant down on the beach. If you like foo foo restaurants those are the ones to go too. We ordered room service and they had the best cheeseburgers and chicken nachos. I could go on forever about this place, it was the best vacation I have ever taken. The airport is close by, Wal-MArt is even closer. IF you go, the best place to eat in Nuevo Vallarta is Fajita Republic!!! It's only 5 minutes or so away and the price is good along with the food. If you are a golfer, bring your own balls!! They charge the crap out of you. 50 bucks for club rental and 3-5 bucks a ball! You better take some cash with you because you will be expected to tip your caddie while you are there. The course is really nice though!
AS far as shopping goes, we had a GREAT experience in Bacerias! It's only 15-20 minutes away. It is exactly what I thought a little Mexican town would look like. Stone roads and little restaurants to eat at in the town. They had a flea market, which the prices are really cheap, a whole lot better than going downtown Puerto Vallarta. I would definitely recommend going there if in Nuevo. If you go, I hope you have a GReat time. We sure did!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, you are only in there a few hours a day and while you sleep. they are aweso...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Blake B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
torrance
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Grand Luxxe is a 2 or 3,000 square foot luxuary condo with Kitchen, Living and Dining rooms, a master bedroom with jacuzzi and soaking pool on the patio. The second bedroom includes also a Jacuzzi and can include frig and micro wave. the bathrooms are large with great showers and lots of space. Units have partial or ocean views from most uints and sit high up on a hill close to the beach.

The resort itself has gardens with walking trails, large pool areas, bar and resturants as well as you have use of all the other facilities in the resort. There is currently one 18 hole golf course recently redisigned and a second commiing in the near future. The resort is undergoing many new areas including a little village, train and canal boat system which should offer many new amenities.

There are meal plans available or you do have a kitchen, however since there is no dishwasher and the frig is adequate you might consider doing breakfast and lunch with diner either on the property averaging around 250 ot 350 pesos or going offsite to the local resturants.

Each floor has its on conciegre with coffee served in the morning, your choice of time. There is full made service and you can pay for extra things like them doing the dishes, grocery shopping, ect..

They offer airport transpertation if pre booked and it is recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jbeyer
Florence, Arizona
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 weeks at the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta in June. The first week we were in a master room in Tower 1 with a view of the river and Puerto Vallarta. The second week we stayed in a suite in Tower 1 with a view of the pool and ocean. The views were amazing. However, the construction that was on-going was extrememly noisy and ruined our hopes for a relaxing and peaceful vacation. We listened to jack hammers,
hauling trucks and earth movers from 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. every day. The noise was so loud that we weren't able to enjoy the beautiful balcony of the suite. There were several weddings on the beach while we were there and one night the DJ and music went until 2:00 a.m. which we could hear in the bedroom.

The grounds, pools and landscaping were beautiful - a real tropical paradise. The employees, service and concierge were excellent. Everyone was friendly and very helpful and went out of their way to make us and our stay as comfortable as possible. The master room and suite were nice, but not 5 star quality as they are advertised as. I feel Grupo Mayan/Vidanta has a long way to go with comfort to achieve the 5 star rating.

The rooms were very dark. It was impossible to read in bed because the lighting was not conducive for reading. We had to rent a reading light from the concierge. The furnishings were already showing some wear and tear and weren't aesthetically pleasing. The kitchen in the suite was sparsely equipped. There was no dishwasher or oven. Guests are expected to do their own dishes - not leave them for housekeeping to do. The beds were uncomfortable, but better than the beds Grupo Mayan uses in other properties. I felt that the rooms weren't very comfortable and were stark and dark. Unfortunately, we had to stay inside more than we wanted to due to the construction noise and the hot weather.

The restaurants on the property are pricey, but very good. We bought a meal plan that let us try some of the restaurants and was a very good value for dinners. There were plenty of restaurants off the property that you could walk to. Getting off the property involved taking 2 different shuttles to the main gate.

We found that the property is just to big for what we like. The Mayan property includes the Sea Garden, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan and Grand Luxxe. They are expanding to make this even larger and with more facilities and the construction will be on-going for years. I don't think we will vacation here again.

Room Tip: I don't know how they assign the rooms, but request Tower 1 because it has the best views.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cabodeb
NewYork
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We went with my Aunt her two adult sons and girlfriend. It was amazing luxury. The service that we received was impeccable. The staff at the Grand Luxxe is top notch especially our personal concierge on our floor. The staff at Epazote restaurant is wonderful. My aunt wasn't happy with her dish and immediately the Manager took care to that and made sure she was happy. However with the ongoing constructions of the upcoming new Grand Luxxe buildings there were extremely too many mosquitoes. The staff and other annual guests said it was probably because of the tropical storms in the East side pushed them over. Hopefully, when we go back in 2-3 years later it will be better and can't wait to see all the changes. The pools in Grand Luxxe is really clean! However if you choose to go over to Grand Mayan's lazy pool, it had too many dead bugs, but otherwise, it is FUN! The Grand Mayan has way too many people, the same goes for the Brio Spa. Way too small. It use to be more exclusive, but I still manage to enjoy and awesome massage. Can't wait and hoping the Grand Luxxe will have there own spa in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank wcpbearta
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I am currently here at grand Luxxe and I wanted to give my feedback before I get back to my busy world.
First of all, Grand Luxxe is on its way to becoming a beautiful resort. To get there, they have to build and building brings construction and with construction...NOISE.
The unfortunate thing is that I came here to relax in peace and quiet. I envisioned days of quiet peace after working on a major project that took every once of my sanity and to prepare for the next session of classes. My partner only had one week off to prepare for exams next week, so we decided to get away and mix a little "business" with pleasure and PEACE.
Grand Luxxe looked beautiful and I have been on resorts doing construction before, so even though we read reviews about the construction, I did not envision the level of noise I arrived to. No where on planet earth have I been that has been this noisy. Well, first we were put in a beautiful suite on the sixth floor in Grand Luxxe 2 (without any warning that there is construction and a great deal of noise), directly facing the demolition of one of its buildings. Jack hammers and constant noise up until about 8:00 p.m on the day we arrived. Picture being up to catch your flight since 3:00 a.m. (went to bed at midnight) and being welcomed by this. The next day, Sunday, was thankfully quiet, but Monday the incessant noise resumed. I begged to move as I had a migraine at the end of that day, and on Tuesday was moved to another smaller suite designed for the physically challenged on the first floor. When I went to see the suite, the noise was much less at the time and anything was better than jackhammers (or so I thought). Well, we were wrong. It was less but jack hammers intermittently now came, it seems, from directly below or to the side of the suite. So better, but not so much. I didn't even complain anymore because it was obvious that there were no other rooms available and even though the noise was almost as bad, it did not go on ALL day nonstop. It just happened when you are about to take a nice nap.

Okay, let's talk about the good.....service at this resort is above and beyond. The staff is great, everyone friendly and understand the meaning of service quality and friendliness. Everyone greeted you with a smile. I can see employees were happy in their job everywhere on the resort.
Although Grand Luxxe does not have all the amenities, you are given access to all the other sister resorts on site. The Grand Maya is a beauty to behold. The pool and grounds are beautiful.
We took the breakfast and lunch meal plan. We tried the food in most of the restaurants and all were outstanding. There is a classy Mexican restaurant just off the Grand Luxxe lobby, which we ate at twice so far and for Italian cuisine, Tramonto, where the rib eye steak melts in your mouth. Then there is Gong, Asian cuisine at its finest. The best kept secret is Punta Arena, which is not featured in the booklet you get when you arrive, but is a beautiful little seafood restaurant overlooking the beach near Grand Luxxe. If you are there around sunset, it is breathtaking, and the food is pretty good as well. I cannot leave out Cafe del Lago, which we had breakfast (actually brunch) at every morning. The buffet is wonderful with almost every imaginable dish all fresh and tasty.
If you are young and looking for more upbeat vacation, the action is definitely at the Grand Mayan for now. The Luxxe seem to attract more families and a quieter crowd.
So, Grand Luxxe, unless I can be guaranteed to not have to hear jackhammers and take home a migraine in my luggage, I will not return for some time. (I wish I could record this crazy noise which I hearing as I write this). I missed my daily vacation siesta.
I really did not understand how we were a room with as much noise to substitute for another. The only thing that ruined it for me.
I strongly suggest you do not put your guests in these rooms unless you tell them in advance that they will encounter a great deal of noise. As a matter of fact, just don't put them in it. It is impossible.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in Luxxe 1 or facing river to the opposite end of construction
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple