1,118 results
All reviews great beach family style hotel breakfast was included basic hotel hotel caters authentic mexican food bus stop snack bar quiet area one bedroom suite rooftop pool ocean view all inclusive resort lounge chairs breakfast and lunch grand mayan americans
Reviewed 24 January 2019

This is our first all-inclusive resort where I am providing the worst feedback ever! We just returned from a week's stay. This resort only caters to Mexican families. They speak very little English, they do not have any activities, nor anything for you to do there. No nightly entertainment (other than Spanish speaking Karoake). They do not have any information regarding things to do in Puerto Vallarta. Since they cater to Mexican families, there are a ton of young children in every pool unattended. The food was the worst we've ever had - and we spent most of our meals eating out. Other than a beautiful beach, and great bartenders, this resort is awful!

Room tip: This is the first all-inclusive that truly is "you get what you paid for".
Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Linda B
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

Dear Linda B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for trusting us with your vacation.

I am sorry that we did not provide the experience that you and your family expected. It is very important for us to know the areas that we need to improve. You may rest assured that your comments regarding the lack of information about the town, and the poor activities, will be taken into consideration and we will act in a timely manner to prevent this from happening again.

Please contact me directly when planning to stay with us again so that I may help you with your reservation. It would be an honor to have the opportunity to host you again and show you the improvements we have made.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had an excellent time at Villa Varadero, July 9th thru the 16th. Our 1 bedroom with full kitchen was just the right size for my husband and I and was everything I expected and more! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only unfavorable comment I can make is that there was not much closet or bureau space in the bedroom so had to lay out some of our clothes on the other double bed.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such great comment. I'm so happy to know you had a great vacation!
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back and be your host for a second time.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Right on the beach.Beach excellent for walkers/joggers. Bus stop/taxis at entrance.Very suitable for children.Buffet restaurants are good for the price paid if your going all-inclusive, if not going AI there are other options. 'Fridge in room.Good closet space. Pleasant staff.
I stayed in the original/older building and the rooms have the A/C control covered with a plastic cover such that you cannot adjust the temperature.I suppose the reason is for economics.This means that essentially you have the A/C on or off.This is OK during the day but at night the cold air blows on you directly whilst in bed.The A/C control is mounted on a far wall, meaning you have to get out of bed to turn off the A/C. The air control vane control is also negated by this plastic cover.Bring a Phillips screwdriver to remove cover. I actually wanted to increase the temperature at night but could not do so.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Dongara
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Dongara,

Thank you very much for your great comments! lot's of details. I'm sure our future guests appreciate this. Regarding the Ac control, yes! you are right! one of the reasons is due to economics, we have done this practice for a long time.

Despite this incident with the ac control, I sincerely hope to see you in a very near future.

Regards,
GM

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stayed in a one bedroom suite that was more than adequate for our stay. The kitchen had all the amenities that we needed to cook our meals. There were also a number of restaurants in the area for the times we ate out. Although we didn't use the swimming pools, we did take advantage of the hotel's palapas on the beach. We always had one available to us during ur stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and always accommodating.The beach is very nice in this area and we enjoyed our early morning walks on the beach. The bus stop is very near and there are regularly scheduled buses to Puerto Vallarta.

Date of stay: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank jdskor99
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear JohnSkoropad,

Thank you very much for your great comments. We are pleased to know that your experience with us was pleasant.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a very near future.

Warmest regards,
GM Hotel Villa Varadero.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I've stayed in PVR before, and just wanted to be out of the city, on a beach this time. This resort was on a great beach , and it was fun to relax in the sun!

Pros: Great , helpful staff . Good value for all-inclusive . Spacious room ( I had an ocean view, which was pretty) . Also, I was able to use a promotional discount on their site, for a good rate

Cons: wifi was not good, practically nonexistent in my room. I was in tower 3, and had to walk over to the newer tower 4 area ( or even to the lobby) to get any type of wifi coverage . The food was also a bit subpar , but again, for all inclusive it was fine. I did find myself going across the way to some of the other local restaurants .

I loved the ocean view ( again) but the outside noise and activity was a bit loud. I didn't mind, but others might.

Overall: I would classify this as more of a Spanish speaking resort.If you prefer interaction with more of an American/ English speaking crowd- you may want to look to stay in PVR directly or somewhere else. But to relax in the sun for a few days, you should be ok.

Room tip: Try to aim for the newer area ( Tower 4)
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Andréa S
Gabriela P, Gerente at Hotel Villa Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Andrea S,

Thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate your feedback.
I'm so happy to know you enjoyed your vacations with us.
We hope to see you very soon.

Warmest regards,